Controversial opinions on metal

I actually like Load and Reload. And as opposed to you - I'm serious.

I like some of the songs from Load and Reload too.

I was in shock at first when Load was released and the band members cut their hair and they had this whole alt rock/ nu metal thing going on. I remember when I saw the "Until it Sleeps" video, I just sat there with my jaw open wondering if that really was Metallica, or just some poser band.

I actually like Load and Reload. And as opposed to you - I'm serious.

I like some of the songs from Load and Reload too.

I was in shock at first when Load was released and the band members cut their hair and they had this whole alt rock/ nu metal thing going on. I remember when I saw the "Until it Sleeps" video, I just sat there with my jaw open wondering if that really was Metallica, or just some poser band.

Well, so maybe there's a sense to consider it not like something comparing to something, but like an independent piece of work?..

The backlash against it is one of the most baffling trends among metal fans. Overexposure is an acceptable excuse, though.But this can be said about any album.

The reason for my hating it, is that they had a sort of sophistication to their music around the Puppets and Justice eras. The relatively proggy song structures, the crazy harmonies, the top-notch riffs.

Then they simplified that sound to fuck, and put out a boring-as-shit album of repetitive chug-a-lug. The only worthwhile songs on the self-titled are Holier than Thou and Nothing Else Matters.

i think it's ridiculous to say the black album is unenjoyable to listen to but i also don't think it's half as great as some people like to suggest - big step down from the previous stuff