Controversial opinions on metal

I like the Black Album. One of my first metal albums. The only song that I got bored of was Enter Sandman. And even that can be good sometimes, considering I don't listen to it much.

only Metallica

but what about 'Puppets'? Is Puppets' not overrated, at least moreso than 'Reign in Blood', since we went there? I think so. I enjoy more songs on 'Load' than I do 'Puppets', but I would rather listen to 'Justice' than both of those. A lot of 'Puppets' and the black album just feel very bland and pedestrian to me.

And this leads to my controversial opinion...

I think Immortal are pretty terrible, overrated and have never made an interesting piece of music.

?????

Their later stuff is garbage but Pure Holocaust is great and a very interesting piece of music!

Their later stuff most certainly is not garbage. Sons rules. And so does pretty much everything else they did. Maybe not the best bm band, but excellent and always delivered the goods.

I actually like Load and Reload. And as opposed to you - I'm serious.

The black ablum is good... not awesome but definitely a good album. Heck it got me into this kind of music as I'm sure it did many other people so it's got my respect.
Load and Reload however... ugh. A bad attempt at blues-rock. When Load first came out I remember hearing all the singles on the radio and really trying to like it but I honestly couldn't.

I think Immortal are pretty terrible, overrated and have never made an interesting piece of music.
While I don't think they are terrible I can relate abit. The first two albums are good, but they've never been near most other 90s norwegian bm bands in quality really.

Pure Holocaust delivers, but mid-period Immortal is pretty blah, even At The Heart of Winter, which is really overrated. Unless you stop paying attention 15 minutes into albums. That approach makes AtHoW sound great. It makes SoND sound good too, although I find that one to be more satisfying as a whole than the rest of the middle albums. It's pretty good.

only Metallica

but what about 'Puppets'? Is Puppets' not overrated, at least moreso than 'Reign in Blood', since we went there? I think so. I enjoy more songs on 'Load' than I do 'Puppets', but I would rather listen to 'Justice' than both of those. A lot of 'Puppets' and the black album just feel very bland and pedestrian to me.

I feel Puppets is overrated as the best Metallica album. Thats a price Ride the Lighting takes for me.

I recently went back to TBA and I remembered it as better than I felt it was now. A little bit boring but that may have to do with the mood I was in listening to it. Still not a bad album. I also like Load and Reload. Well, not everything on there but it does have some really good stuff.

St Anger is another story though. The crappiest album ever. That anyone wanted this pile of shit released is beyond me.

As far as Rign in Blood goes I was never impressed by it. Not bad but in my world certainly nothing all that special. Slayer has better albums. I do however feel that Slayer as a band is overrated. With that being said I dont think they are bad and they always tend to deliver the goods at live shows.

I actually like their latest three which are far superior regardless not really listening to them. I can't get into their older albums because the guitar playing.

I'm an epic Immortal n00b. I would like to look more into them. Everything I've heard from them just sounded like "more of the same" raw BM shit to me. Nothing to go apeshit over. I would like to look into their stuff more.