Controversial opinions on metal

No you goddamn faggot. Scissors just said Corpse of Rebirth is good. He doesn't like Peisithanatos. Alter doesn't like Corpse of Rebirth. I don't. Only two people disliked Corpse of Rebirth there. As a matter of fact, only two possible people could have disliked any of those albums at any one time.

edit: Matt, there really was no reason to say that if you mean that all three of us hold no credibility, when one of "us" liked it and two of "us" didn't. In other words, your post was useless/trite because it added 0 to the discussion. thx br0

And...so...what were you even saying in your post? As far as I could tell you were just randomly saying none of us have credibility for no reason whatsoever.

k so apparently you were saying that none of us have credibility because we all disagreed with your opinion of at least one album you like in a collective group of three opinions? Cool. Can you stop making trite "insulting" posts now? You and Jennifer are getting pretty fucking annoying IMHO.

I really like Xasthur. It feels very full to me and always makes me think and feel. Each album usually makes me feel something different. Nocturnal Poisoning makes me feel alone and sad and Subliminal Genocide makes me feel sad and filled with ennui. I think about why I like Xasthur and Suicidical/Depressive Black Metal in general a lot, because depression is not a thing I would actual want to experience. However, I think I like experiencing it in controlled doses. It's sort of like how people who like horror movies wouldn't actually want to be terrified about something that is actual, but enjoy being terrified of the movie.

There's a Half Price Books by my house that has some used copies of some Xasthur but I have delayed picking the shit up because I know people here have said the band sucks.

I was actually like you, i hated Xasthur, but until i heard Nocturnal Poisoning. Just give it a try.

That's what happened with me. I started with "Telepathic With The Deceased". It just bored me. Then I heard NP and loved it. Now I can appreciate their stuff alot more. Definitely get NP and if you can't enjoy it then at least you tried.

There's a Half Price Books by my house that has some used copies of some Xasthur but I have delayed picking the shit up because I know people here have said the band sucks.

They have? I thought that was one of the best USBM bands on earth according to people here. Hell, even I don't mind them, despite the fact that they play a genre that is inherently talentless and has no artistic value.

They have? I thought that was one of the best USBM bands on earth according to people here. Hell, even I don't mind them, despite the fact that they play a genre that is inherently talentless and has no artistic value.

Which reminds me, how's your band? Sign to any label yet? Getting praise from tons of people for your music?

Well then, good luck to you and your awesome kvlt band. Make sure to buy our album when it's out cuz we aren't kvlt and are noobs and wanna sell out with some mainstream pop/death/techno-grind.

Thank you to those that posted your top 10 lists in opposition to my post earlier. I do enjoy some of those albums very very much, but i haven't had the resources to hear them all. I certainly find some to be extremely worthy of top 10 status. And others I find to be very good albums but not in my top list. Then the rest I haven't heard. None of those choices seemed awful to me. Really, I can't go out and buy as many albums in a year as some of you can, so I stick to what I know I like.

And how is that controversial?

Hypocrisy doesn't have a single album in which I like every single song. I like them a lot, and they have a lot of really good tunes, but they have too much filler.