Controversial opinions on metal

However, I'm mostly posting to call your crediblity into question for editing the wiki of a black metal band on Last.fm in order to promote Interpol by claiming they were an influence on the band somehow, since that pretty much proves that you don't have any. :lol:

:lol: pwned

Again, you're missing the point. I'm not concerned about originality per se: I just don't want music that duplicates at a lesser quality the stuff that I already listen to. When you get right down to it, there was nothing revolutionary about the classic Darkthrone albums: everything on those releases had been done by Bathory or Hellhammer 8-10 years earlier. But they explored those ideas with a depth and thoroughness - and a perfection of aesthetic - that Bathory and Hellhammer hadn't.

For the record, I actually side with you on this point. I'm sure a lot of people here will think "go figure" that I of all people would find something to agree with you on, though.

Dying Fetus, Pantera, Meshuggah, and all that chugga-chugga shit is horrible and can barely even be considered metal

Blaze-era Maiden rules

Devin Townsend is a completely worthless douchebag

Paul Dianno isn't a very good vocalist

King Diamond > Mercyful Fate

Death Magnetic is Metallica's second best.

OMFG Kirk's solos slay hard on that album. The monster is back!!! James' lyrics are also the best he's ever written on that album. Lar's also stepped it up like 10 notches on that album!!! That album reminds me so much of Justice but with bass this time!!!

Terrestrial Requiem - quit with the ANUSite holier than thou attitude. Opinion is one thing, opinion as "fact" and everyone else is wrong won't cut it here.

I don't know of one ANUSite who has lasted on this forum, and if you keep on your posts will all be deleted and a ban handed out. Just letting you know ahead of it.

Other new dude, check your PM.

Regulars, you know better than with the personal insults.