Controversial opinions on metal

Well, I know it doesn't sound EXACTLY like thrash, but I am also not the most schooled person in black metal (which is why this album was suggested to me).

Judging by the vocals and to a lesser extent the guitars, it did remind me of 80s thrash... not an EXACT thrash sound, but a more thrash sound than that of black or death. That is my opinion after one listen anyway.

The fact that you use vocals as a genre-determining trait is your problem here. You'd do well to listen to listen to the albums I recommended and you'll probably see where people are coming from when they classify Celtic Frost as black metal.

When I was referred to Celtic Frost (like 10 pages earlier lol) it was to "get used to black metal vocals". Well, to me the vocals remind me more of thrash than black metal.

Yeah, but it's still not relevant to what genre they fall under.

You need to listen to the album Are You Experienced? before making anymore judgment calls on Hendrix

yo nigga have you ever heard may blitz? i reckon you'd like the s/t, got that lazy melty dreamy groovy creamish thing going on with yawning cavernous grainy production and the occasional wild flourish, vintage stuff

yo nigga have you ever heard may blitz? i reckon you'd like the s/t, got that lazy melty dreamy groovy creamish thing going on with yawning cavernous grainy production and the occasional wild flourish, vintage stuff

I'll check it out. I need to check that out and Mad River since I've seen you talking about it on here. You and I seem to have similar taste regarding 60s and 70s rock

I'll check it out. I need to check that out and Mad River since I've seen you talking about it on here. You and I seem to have similar taste regarding 60s and 70s rock

haha mad river are totally bizarre and it's really hard to say who will like them and who'll hate them, i don't know of anybody even indirectly who loves them half as much as i do. another one i HIGHLY recommend is the captain beyond s/t if you haven't heard that. and pentagram 'first daze here' is ESSENTIAL of course. this stuff's been dominating my playlist over the past few months.

Why don't you just shut the fuck up? Surely you know that you don't really know what you're talking about, so why continue to yammer on? Do you really like reading what you have to say that much that you'll talk about anything and everything, even if it winds up making you look like a fucking tool? Can I fit in another question in this post?
Are you talking about the Hendrix thing, or the Celtic Frost thing?
Because with the Hendrix thing I stand by my opinion and with the Celtic Frost thing I actually do happen to have an idea of what black metal sounds like.

The first and last songs speak too much for the entire album.

Angel of Disease tbh

The Chasm Deathcult, Conjuration, and Spell are pretty much on par with any dm album ever released, including old school Florida, Swedish, and Finnish dm (I would even say better than all FLDM). I am beginning to realize this after giving those three albums heavy rotation again as of late.

I know this will piss at least some people off.....

MAXIMUM LEVEL CONTROVERSY WARNING:

Orodruin's Epicurean Mass is the most overrated cd in metal and is barely listenable. The vocals are weak and music doesn't evolve or move anywhere. It's a shit record.

The Chasm Deathcult, Conjuration, and Spell are pretty much on par with any dm album ever released, including old school Florida, Swedish, and Finnish dm (I would even say better than all FLDM). I am beginning to realize this after giving those three albums heavy rotation again as of late.
That's what you call controversial on these boards? Bah!:p