Controversial opinions on metal

Orodruin is one of the top 5 active doom metal bands, and Epicurean Mass is one of the top 5 doom metal albums released this decade, and if you disagree then you are stupid.

I'm really not a fan of the vocals on Like An Ever Flowing Stream. I find them rather obnoxious. Great album otherwise.

Share them itt.

The Last Kind Words is a great album
Ascendancy is one of the best metalcore albums I've ever heard
St. Anger is a really good album

I agree the The Last Kind Words is an amazing album.
I'm not a fan of black metal.
I hate that people who listen to metal think they're better than anyone else and they constantly critique others musical opinion.

I hate that people who listen to metal think they're better than anyone else and they constantly critique others musical opinion.

It's not like that at all. Allow me to explain.

Metal is one of the "good" genres. Other good genres would be art & prog rock, jazz, ambient, noise and classical music. If you don't listen to any of that, you are a bad person and deserve double servings of burning chainsaw sodomy.

It's not like that at all. Allow me to explain.

Metal is one of the "good" genres. Other good genres would be art & prog rock, jazz, ambient, noise and classical music. If you don't listen to any of that, you are a bad person and deserve double servings of burning chainsaw sodomy.

But music is a matter of opinion, so in your eyes there can be only certain "good" genres but everyone has different opinions. I can say that I don't listen to jazz or classical music. Do I appreciate the work of it and how it influenced the music I listen to today? Sure I can. I just don't think its possible to actually critique someone's musical opinion, especially in since most cases end in "you're completely wrong and ignorant."

I know a guy who listens to a band "Winds of Plague", and he's a pretty brutal listener, so when I found out he liked them he tried to defend himself in liking them out of fear of me making fun of him I guess. I think its completely sad that anyone, no matter what genre it is, should be scared of expressing their true musical feelings and opinion.

But music is a matter of opinion, so in your eyes there can be only certain "good" genres but everyone has different opinions. I can say that I don't listen to jazz or classical music. Do I appreciate the work of it and how it influenced the music I listen to today? Sure I can. I just don't think its possible to actually critique someone's musical opinion, especially in since most cases end in "you're completely wrong and ignorant."

I know a guy who listens to a band "Winds of Plague", and he's a pretty brutal listener, so when I found out he liked them he tried to defend himself in liking them out of fear of me making fun of him I guess. I think its completely sad that anyone, no matter what genre it is, should be scared of expressing their true musical feelings and opinion.

One thing I've learned on this board: There are right opinions and wrong opinions.

I just tried to explain it and it failed horribly. So...I really don't have an answer.

Ah, I think you are confused about the spirit of the "Controversial Opinions on Metal" thread. Don't take everything you read in here to heart.

edit: After re-reading your post...I didn't say a fact could be a wrong opinion but an opinion could be wrong if it was a proven fact.

"an opinion could be wrong if it was a proven fact"--- You lost me.

I'm not getting all worked up about it if that what you're insinuating.

I'm not even going to try to explain what I was saying...I have no idea how. I didn't mean it in any way that "a fact is a wrong opinion". I give up :kickass:

What I meant by my original post...is something like "If I think the sun is cold, and it is proven hot then I am wrong".