Controversial opinions on metal

For you I Think is overrated, cause you live there and the bands are the complete year on tour, we have to wait for a year or more, in order to see the bands we like, and the huge problem in Chile is a long country, so we are (in my case) almost 20 hours from the main city where all the concerts are performed, so it's complicated, I'd love to say that one day, I'm fed up to see this band or other band, hahhha actually that would be amazing, I'm looking forward next march 22nd to see Iron Maiden "Somewhere back in time" and in my city which is on the north part of the country, we will have HAIL on January 27th and DEICIDE on February 23rd, but that's once in a while, not always.

That's why I envy you guys there....

and Bruce Dickinson is the best vocal ever:kickass:

Iron Maiden is very much overrated for me. I dont find anything being particualary excellent in terms of anything but their live performances.

I would probably like them better without Bruce. I can find myself loving him but never for more than a few tracks, after that he gets on my nerves. best IM album to me i "the x-factor".

Depressive BM is depressive, if you're really in a depressive mood. You're not going to listen to it when your extremely happy.

Even then, the majority of depressive black metal I don't think it at all depressing, and in my opinion, not even that great musically. I just think the term "lethargic black metal" is more accurate. :p

Iron Maiden is very much overrated for me. I dont find anything being particualary excellent in terms of anything but their live performances.

I would probably like them better without Bruce.

I agree but I think Bruce plays a key role in live performances.

It really isn't, since Judas Priest is exponentially better pretty much. Totally different level, really.

Maiden has released some incredible songs. The problem is the other 75% of their discography that sounds like run-ons of their good songs. As a complete album I would much rather listen to Dickinson's "Tyranny of Souls" or "The Chemical Wedding" or even "Balls to Picasso" than pretty much any whole Maiden album. Has to do with guitar style, tone, and song writing. Dickinson's voice is fine.

Edit: and as I've said before, Halford is shit. :p

People should stop talking crap about Maiden because it's hurting my feelings.

Strangely enough, I've never bothered to listen to much 70s era Priest (I take it that's their good era). I'm only familiar with the godawful stuff they put out in the 80s. Judging by the Priest stuff I've actually taken the time to listen to, Maiden circa 1980-1988 is way fucking better. I suppose I ought to get around to listening to Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class, etc.

And now you all know that I am a false and should not entry.

You should listen to those ones because it's bizarre that you've somehow not heard them. :(

Not getting the hatred toward the Maiden tone. I remember listening to a bunch of metal that came out in the 80's when I was a kid and thinking that the most electric, glowing lead tones I'd ever heard were Dave Murray and Oz Fox.