Controversial opinions on metal

Err, a lot of Europower metal sounds nothing like early speed metal.

Neurosis is one of the best metal bands in history, 23 years of existence, 10 albums, each one of them is amazing, about four of them are sludge classics!

Helloween's Keeper of the Seven Keys albums are obviously the single largest direct influence on European Power Metal.

That's okay, since Iron Maiden definitely listened to Judas Priest before recording their music, and both bands and most power metal bands have definitely listened to the Queen albums from the 70's.

That's okay, since Iron Maiden definitely listened to Judas Priest before recording their music, and both bands and most power metal bands have definitely listened to the Queen albums from the 70's.
Rob & Freddy would've made such sweet music together.

But the band Priest influenced (Maiden) isn't a euro power metal band unlike Helloween. ;)

(disregarding the fact that they probably listened alot to Priest to but what the hell, I'm just tired of people going overboard here. Ofcourse Priest were more influental than Maiden, they were one of the protobands that really definied the metal, but just because of that, doesn't magically make Maiden not influental at all, especially when it comes to a genre that has more of a Maiden sound than Maiden itself alot of the time, shut up. :( ).

Who the fuck said Maiden wasn't influential? And btw take another listen to Helloween to confirm the Priest influence.

Who the fuck said Maiden wasn't influential? And btw take another listen to Helloween to confirm the Priest influence.
I just said that they were influenced by Priest too didn't I?

Edit: And to me it seemed that both Ozzman and Omni tried to belittle Maidens influence (not saying that they said that they weren't infleuntal). I may be wrong there, but I interpretet it like that, hence my "attack".

I just said that they were influenced by Priest too didn't I?

Edit: And to me it seemed that both Ozzman and Omni tried to belittle Maidens influence (not saying that they said that they weren't infleuntal). I may be wrong there, but I interpretet it like that, hence my "attack".

Both bands were definitely influential. Anyone who says otherwise is just an idiot.

I just find Priest to be infinitely better than Maiden

By the way, I wasn't trying to belittle anything, nor did I say anything that sounded like I was. I was talking about how linked all those bands were in influencing each other, and about a common influence that all of them definitely share to a pretty big extent. ;)

Eh, Blind Guardian is a progenitor of the power metal scene. I've only heard a bit of Euro power metal, but it sounds more like speed metal than Iron Maiden

Helloween's Keeper of the Seven Keys albums are obviously the single largest direct influence on European Power Metal.

When I think about the bands that are the biggest influence on Euro Power Metal I'm thinking of the bands that influenced THESE 2 bands. Go back before these bands. Even Yngwie was a bigger influence on the scene than these bands. Actually, I would say Iron Maiden & Yngwie are likely the biggest overall influences on the power metal scene.