Controversial opinions on metal

St. Anger is a great album of metal. I fail to understand why it gets all the hate. The lyrics are really outstanding. It's all about hate and the lyrics and conveyed in such a way that your feelings go all out berserk while hearing it. Maybe it gets so much hate because people who listen to metal don't really listen to the lyrics? I don't know, but imo it's a great album filled with long epic metal tracks with great drumming.

mobile_troll.jpg

I've heard "Frantic" and "Some Kind of Monster" only, and don't want to hear anymore, and really doubt that I need to in order to understand how terrible the album truly is.

Autumn Aurora would be my choice, followed by Blood in Our Wells and Forgotten Legends.
I agree. AA is totally awsome. I need to listen to Blood in Our Wells more, it never clicked for me. Forgotten Legends is great though. The rest is meh.

I own St. Anger and haven't listened to it. I don't plan to either!

As for my controversy, I think Possessed - Beyond The Gates is one of metals finest albums and beats Seven Churches by quite a bit. While the problems with the production of the album are obvious, the songwriting, playing, etc. on the album is some of the best stuff out there.

I suppose I can now expect to be eviscerated lengthwise....

St. Anger is and will likely always remain the only album I've ever purchased in anticipation, listened through without distraction in entirety, and thrown in the garbage.

Metallica owes me one album. Death Magnetic ain't it.

St. Anger is and will likely always remain the only album I've ever purchased in anticipation, listened through without distraction in entirety, and thrown in the garbage.

Metallica owes me one album. Death Magnetic ain't it.

With so many good bands nowadays, you still waiting for Metallica to make a good album? Fuck, get over it already.

They've made a few after the black album:

Load
Reload
Death Magnetic

If I wanted to listen to blues i'd listen to Stevie Ray and there's so much better hard rock out there than theirs.

[I feel like I could get into Death Magnetic if the production weren't so distractingly bad...

Funny enough, you'd expect people with so much money as Metallica could afford (or want to afford) a decent producer. I figure they just want their albums to sound shitty nowadays.

Funny enough, you'd expect people with so much money as Metallica could afford (or want to afford) a decent producer. I figure they just want their albums to sound shitty nowadays.
Seriously, if they're trying to "re-capture their youth" or whatever the fuck, they should just hire some no-name engineer/producer guy to record 'em in their practice space or something. If they're going for "raw" production, fucking stop using $100,000,000 worth of equipment to get it, you know?

WTF Rick Rubin was thinking, I have no idea, but considering his track record, I shudder to think of what this album would have been like without him...

It's not even the production, lars is just a shitty drummer and hits his snare like he's using a bseball bat as drum sticks