Controversial opinions on metal

*shrugs*

I didnt know anything about it either. It was suggested to me in the old school forum as a way to make older release's volume levels on par with newer ones. It took about five minutes to figure out...

So basically, you're forcing older bands' classic albums to become part of the "loudness war" that's been going on for the last several years.

So basically, you're forcing older bands' classic albums to become part of the "loudness war" that's been going on for the last several years.

It's a laziness thing on my part... so I dont have to constantly mess with the volume... do it once before I put it on my mp3 player and be done with it... instead of having to turn it up to the max to listen to anything from Nespithe.. and getting my head blown off from the next, newer song.

It really doesnt do anything that turning the volume up a few clicks doesnt.

What was the compilation? What did you find so bad about it?

Its this one:

http://www.metalmarkt.eu/shop/pdf_d...=2655&osCsid=b6c44351790f4d841ad80bdb63ecd459

I put it on again and its playing in the background. I put on cd 2 this time because I probably havent even touched that one.

The high pitch screams are horrible, the songs are unoriginal and uninspired, the sound is very thin and I just find myself bored. There's good riffs here and there but not really enough to keep my interest up. For example the start of "united by hatred" is awful. Just plain bad :erk: It does pick up but again not enough.

Well considering it came out in 2008 instead of 1998 means "good" is
being generous.
I've seen it praised and obviously I wasn't impressed. I had to make myself continue past Track 3 once I realized the album was like one continuous dull song.

Kirk Hammet does not rely on a wah pedal and uses one, he obviously can play guitar to begin with and is not relying on it.

He used to use it less and was better, but now he does rely way too much on it.
He was never particularly inventive, but his lead work on the first 4 is ace.

Your loss I suppose. Just seems like kind of a random thing to hate on.

/shrug

No less random than half the other things hated on in this thread.

Edit: Side note, my brother, who has been a classic rock/blues only kind of guy and made fun of metal with even bothering to listen to it texts me the other day "OMG I just heard 'Hit the Lights', holyshitholyshitholyshit."

:lol:

I am just waiting until he makes it past 1983 in metal if thats his response to Hit the Lights.

He used to use it less and was better, but now he does rely way too much on it.
He was never particularly inventive, but his lead work on the first 4 is ace.
His solos on MOP are the main reason I don't really like that album TBH. It got better with AJFA though.