Controversial opinions on metal

If I were to make a personal top 25 metal albums list, it would include Slayer but (now for the controversial part) it wouldn't include any Black Sabbath. Don't get me wrong. I like Sabbath, but I just think there are much better bands out their in terms of musicianship and songwriting skills.

I'm talking metal AND non-metal in my list, which is why Slayer doesn't make the top 25

Let's see... I find Six Feet Under has always been superior to Cannibal Corpse.

Now Cannibal Corpse is a very overrated band. They are bland and boring to me. owever the (little) I have heard of Six Feet Under is worse :/

I dont understand Destruction. Im a fan of thrash, both old and new. Ive seen people praise Destruction and lets face it they looked really cool and/or funny in the early days. I bought a super cheap best of compilation by them (before downloading was the norm) and I was so disapointed. I couldnt even make it through the first half of the first cd (it was 2 cd's). I tried it again last year but no I couldnt stand it now either. Just really bad stuff....

I dont understand Destruction. Im a fan of thrash, both old and new. Ive seen people praise Destruction and lets face it they looked really cool and/or funny in the early days. I bought a super cheap best of compilation by them (before downloading was the norm) and I was so disapointed. I couldnt even make it through the first half of the first cd (it was 2 cd's). I tried it again last year but no I couldnt stand it now either. Just really bad stuff....

What was the compilation? What did you find so bad about it?

i think maybe i'm turned off because the production sounds rotten. plus the vocals are insanely horrid and the violin is gay and the drums suck and the whole mess just sounds atrocious. they are one band that i will just never "get". people call them melodic death metal? i guess i must not be into that. if that's melodic i really have no idea what the word means.

My only issue with the production was the volume. Running the files through Wavosaur fixes that in a few minutes and puts it on par with newer stuff.

i don't really feel like having to run music through programs i know nothing about to enjoy something. especially when it sounds so amateurish

*shrugs*

I didnt know anything about it either. It was suggested to me in the old school forum as a way to make older release's volume levels on par with newer ones. It took about five minutes to figure out...

well i think i will just have to start from scratch and make my own at the gates albums. seems like a lot of trouble when i could just listen to pretty much any other band