Controversial opinions on metal

Well, I know there are lots of people here who enjoy folk metal, and lots of people who don't. Either way, I think it's a bit much to call Eluveitie the most boring, awful, wankerish shite on the face of this earth.

Controversial opinion: I still cannot fathom all the negative reactions to Eluveitie. They're far from one of my favorite bands, but I don't see how some people can declare their music boring or "horrible." I've listened to a good deal of celtic folk metal, and Eluveitie has a distinct sound. Their instrumentals are catchy, for the most part. It's folk melodies on top of mediocre melodeath, and the only conclusion I can reach as to why people loathe this group is that they despise celtic folk music.

Thank you

I liked them before Paganfest was even announced or Slania came out. Sure, they're not the best band out there but they are pretty awesome and I like them a lot.

And I never said everyone loved them and they were AMAZING but I saw a lot of people thought they were cool and thought they were great at Paganfest but now that they are on Paganfest 2 and have toured the US twice, they are a "trendy band" and they suck and are unoriginal.

It's funny.

They're fucking nu-metal with flutes. Horrible, terrible, awful, horrendous band, the epitome of everything bad about music. Fuck them.

You realize that he deliberately exaggerated how bad they were in that post, right? Oh, wait. You actually don't.