Controversial opinions on metal

I can't stand Slayer. I don't think I've come across a band as boring as them that is loved by just about everyone in the metal community. As to why though... I have no idea, it just does nothing for me. Plenty of people tell me that I listen to Slayer clone bands so why not Slayer?.

Well I got no idea what the 'clone bands' are doing, but its something Slayer isn't.

You can't be a fan of thrash and not like at least some early Slayer

One or two songs from Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits are decent to my ears. Actually, I'll listen to anything from those two albums but imo Reign In Blood is intensely overrated and does absolutely nothing for me.

EDIT: Never listened to Christ Illusion in its entirety but then again, from what I heard I don't really need/want to. Besides that, I've heard it all countless times.

When I was a complete noob to metal and only owned Sin After Sin, Reign In Blood, City of Evil and St Anger I thought Slayer were the best band in the world.

As my collection has grown to around 300 albums I have come to the conclusion that later slayer albums are hugely overrated and that even their early work isn't really in the (my mental) top 50 metal albums of all time.

As my collection has grown to around 300 albums I have come to the conclusion that later slayer albums are hugely overrated and that even their early work isn't really in the (my mental) top 50 metal albums of all time.

That is exactly what Slayer is for me. If I was to take the time to put together a top whatever list of albums, Slayer would be nowhere to be seen.

You realize that I can't understand what you're saying when you have his cock in your mouth, right?

No offense, but I'd have posted that same thing regardless of who you were quoting. You're the one who told me that you find it funny when I make posts with that kind of sarcasm and contempt, but I guess you don't like being the target of them. Don't be stupid next time and maybe people won't point out the obvious.

I have a top albums list going and none of the (so far) 25 albums include Slayer
If I were to make a personal top 25 metal albums list, it would include Slayer but (now for the controversial part) it wouldn't include any Black Sabbath. Don't get me wrong. I like Sabbath, but I just think there are much better bands out their in terms of musicianship and songwriting skills.

Let's see... I find Six Feet Under has always been superior to Cannibal Corpse. I cant stand Seven Churches by Possessed and feel the only reason anyone gives a damn about it is because it was "first"...

And...
In a controlled enviroment of short bursts, Mortician is a fantastic band.

No offense, but I'd have posted that same thing regardless of who you were quoting. You're the one who told me that you find it funny when I make posts with that kind of sarcasm and contempt, but I guess you don't like being the target of them. Don't be stupid next time and maybe people won't point out the obvious.

What, I can't be funny too? We can't have a little friendly (or not-so-friendly) banter? I do think you're funny, and sometimes downright hilarious; but I'm not going to make comebacks for other posters when you berate them. If you take a shot at me though, I'll take one back. I do it with my tangible friends all the time.

Apparently not, based on what I've seen. I think it would have been way more successful if you had come up with something remotely original.

There, now that was pretty funny.

See, I can even laugh at myself. Give it a try after you finish Dodens off (otherwise you might start gagging).

Black Sabbath's most memorable songs are the calm acoustic ones. And i'm not bashing the heavy songs here, i'm saying the calm stuff is incredible.