Controversial opinions on metal

king diamond's vocals are hilarious. so are dickenson's and halford's on occassion, but he's definately harder to listen to without chuckling

Now that you guys bring it up, Mercyful Fate is definantly a lot better than Maiden for me. Honestly, though, I coldn't give two fucks about three shits how many albums Maiden made. If they are boring its not going to be any different.

Priest > Fate >> Maiden

I'm sorry, but as much as I masturbate to Mercyful Fate (their entire catologue, mind you), you can't fucking top Judas Priest's early work, especially Sad Wings and Stained Class.

manilla road rules. i use them almost exclusively when i'm walking the dark streets at night. it makes me feel powerful and i can ignore panhandlers without being rude.

I might like Mercyful Fate better than the other two if it weren't for the vocals. I can't get into King Diamond's vocals.

I have tried to like he stuff where KD sings but yeah I too have trouble with his vocals when he's doing the extremely high pitched stuff. It might be something that can grow on me because musically some of his stuff is really, really good.

The guitarwork and riffs are really cool, but I find it hard to get past King Diamond's vocals. It's not that I don't like clean vocals, since I like plenty of clean vocalists. But King Diamond's vocals just sound silly to me. I think regular clean vocals or even typical power metal vocals would sound better. Dickinson, Halford, Ozzy, the guy from Solstice, the guy from Warning, Frank Brennan, Michael Kiske, Mark Shelton, etc. are what I consider to be good clean vocalists.