Controversial opinions on metal

I do like Priest, quite a bit, but Maiden just sounds so much better to me, maybe because I was a fan of them first.

and what about the guy that says all brutal death metal sucks...why didn't anyone get on his case about it
That's The Greys. We already all know his opinions are worthless. He also thinks that all black metal sucks and that Jimmy Page is better than any metal guitarist. It's obvious that someone with such opinions simply cannot be taken seriously.

I personally don't agree with it, but Page is a great guitarist, and you could certainly make a case for him being better than... well, most anyone else. Including any guitarist in metal.

Considering that he's definitely an amazing guitarist for the style of music that he played, that is a perfectly reasonable opinion. The fact that he isn't necessarily the best by metal standards is wholly irrelevant.

Randy is alright. I know he was a big deal when he came out. My friend is 44 & a great guitarist & he told me how big of a deal Rhoads was in the early 80's. Yngwie broke wind shortly thereafter, however. I much prefer Yngwie, but he also had a much larger output. Had Randy still be alive, I might feel differently, but to me he didn't prove himself in the 3 albums I've heard of his playing. He wasn't really even innovative. Listen to early Al Di Meola instead :)

Melissa is the best heavy metal album I've heard, it is simply peerless. DBtO is superior to everything from those bands with the exception of Stained Class and possibly Sad Wings of Destiny.

Melissa is the best heavy metal album I've heard, it is simply peerless. DBtO is superior to everything from those bands with the exception of Stained Class and possibly Sad Wings of Destiny.

oh i'd agree with you that the first two MF full lengths are better than anything Priest or Maiden have released... the problem is that MF released two amazing albums and the other two groups have around 8 or more classic albums each... so factor in quantity and Priest and Maiden are the better bands.