Controversial opinions on metal

King's vocals are very distinctive; far from typical clean metal vocals, even far from typical power metal/falsetto clean vocals. They are definitely the kind of vocals that take time to get used to. Maybe I need to listen to a lot more KD/MF and eventually they would click with me.

i actually hated them about 24 years ago when i first heard them

now i wish i could only share them with myself

mercyful fate is for the old school

fuck everyone else

He's probably one of those vocalists that takes a few listens to get into. It took me a while to get used to Alan Averil's vocals, and now I think he's a great vocalist, and Primordial is one of my favorite bands. It also took me a while to get used to Bruce Dickinson's vocals.

King Diamond is fucking metal as fuck.
If his scream at the end of Corpse Without Soul doesn't give you a metal orgasm then... well I dunno... you just suck. :p

I desperately scoured the internet for some indication or proof that King Diamond's vocals were some elaborate joke... unfortunately, I came up blank.

Fuck you all, his vocals are retarded. It sounds like Toki Wartooth doing power metal vocals.

It's pretty much a given that his vocals are a joke,whether they're meant to be serious or not. I enjoy them because they're so ridiculous.

i don't think it's a fucking given that his vocals are a joke. come on, now!

of course they are meant to be serious. king could be a friggen opera singer