Controversial opinions on metal

Here's some of my premeditated blasphemy:

Iron Maiden sucks, I never liked a single song from them. I do however respect them.

Judas Priest never clicked with me either, but I have huge respect for them.

Death Magnetic was actually a good album.

Pantera is fucking awesome. (Not really that controversial, but they get a lot of shit on this forum)

United Abominations is Megadeth's best album. That's right, it beats even Rust In Peace etc.

Destruction's Thrash Anthems is great, just like Testament's First Strike Still Deadly.

Slayer made a great comeback to form with Christ Illusion.

That's pretty much it.

I agree with two. That being Pantera is awesome, and Slayer making a comeback with Christ Illusion. Also the fact that their new album looks promising from their new song.

Death Magnetic is Metallica's best album. That's right, it beats out even St. Anger.

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Iron Maiden sucks, I never liked a single song from them. I do however respect them.

Judas Priest never clicked with me either, but I have huge respect for them.

United Abominations is Megadeth's best album. That's right, it beats even Rust In Peace etc.

Slayer made a great comeback to form with Christ Illusion.
:erk:

Death Magnetic was actually a good album.

You got one right.

There's also a difference between totally stupid and trolling...

And come on people, he was right that Slayer is awesome. Despite a mid-life crisis, they put out some of the mostest awesomest thrash there is.

There's also a difference between totally stupid and trolling...

And come on people, he was right that Slayer is awesome. Despite a mid-life crisis, they put out some of the mostest awesomest thrash there is.

Slayer are starting to come back, from the horrible God Hates us All. Christ Illusion was a step up. And their new song is pretty good also.

Yeah, Psychopathy Red is a cool song. It sounds just like their classic style, I anticipate the upcoming album like crazy. I have a feeling it will be much better than Christ Illusion.

How come, especially with the sacred cow sort of bands, fans tolerate album after album of filth and will cling to any semblance of a 'comeback' to the old material, when newer or more obscure bands can either release good album after good album in a row, or have just *one* misstep and people are like "fuck that"?

How come, especially with the sacred cow sort of bands, fans tolerate album after album of filth and will cling to any semblance of a 'comeback' to the old material, when newer or more obscure bands can either release good album after good album in a row, or have just *one* misstep and people are like "fuck that"?

Which bands?

Slayer - sucks after Seasons
Metallica - sucks after AJFA
Megadeth - sucks after RIP
Kreator - sucked for most of the 90's

Want me to list more?

No, I want you to stop being argumentative for the sake of itself, there's still legions of people who act like I mentioned over those bands even though they never ever deliver and never will, that's what I was referring to, have a cookie for being different. :loco: