Controversial opinions on metal

Maybe some people do like albums that old thrash bands are releasing? Like Testament. I really enjoyed The Formation of Damnation.

No, I want you to stop being argumentative for the sake of itself, there's still legions of people who act like I mentioned over those bands even though they never ever deliver and never will, that's what I was referring to, have a cookie for being different. :loco:

Wow, there are people with bad taste/fanboys in the world. Shocking?

For the record, I think most metalheads, and certainly most people on these boards, agree with some variation on Zeph's statement.

Maybe some people do like albums that old thrash bands are releasing? Like Testament. I really enjoyed The Formation of Damnation.

Yup. Just off the top of my head, Death Angel's Killing Season and, I hear, the latest Kreator fall into this catergory as well

Not controversial at all but I just wanted to say that Demilich's Nespithe is one of the best death metal albums of all time and you are gay for thinking otherwise.

I think I'll copy a post I made somewhere else since it fits perfectly here:

I thought that was given. I mean, who doesn't like Rush?

*raises hand*

The band's music arouses no emotions and conjure no images for me, at all. '2112' (the suite) comes closest but still doesn't cut it. I cannot say they're objectively bad, but their music is about as non-intense as you can get IMO. And yes I've heard whatever album and song anyone is going to throw at me.

*raises hand*

The band's music arouses no emotions and conjure no images for me, at all. '2112' (the suite) comes closest but still doesn't cut it. I cannot say they're objectively bad, but their music is about as non-intense as you can get IMO. And yes I've heard whatever album and song anyone is going to throw at me.
I know I don't look just for intensity in music. Their stuff isn't about that.

'Intensity' has a lot of different forms and they just fit none for me. John Coltrane is very intense to me and so is Pink Floyd and so are WatchTower, just for some more divergent examples. What is Rush 'about' necessarily?

Slayer - sucks after Seasons
Metallica - sucks after AJFA
Megadeth - sucks after RIP
Kreator - sucked for most of the 90's

Want me to list more?

Slayer - Divine Intervention is decent
Metallica - The Black Album is decent
Megadeth - Youthanasia has some great songs on it
Kreator - I actually like just about all their stuff. I don't think they ever lost very much pep, even through most of their 90's stuff.