Controversial opinions on metal

If Watchtower released three or four albums you guys would have the three best thrash bands in here. It's only controversial to deny that fact.

Watchtower and Coroner are awesome...I could never really get into Toxik though.

I agree about Toxik. Coroner is definitely in the top 5 thrash bands of all time. I don't think they will ever be one of those forgotten about bands like Toxik. With Watchtower I seem to prefer the album without Ron Jarzombek for some reason.

I can certainly understand why people like them, they just seem childish now, and there's much better stuff to listen to in the same vein.

I haven't really heard anything in the same vein as Judas Priest's 70's albums that is better, since those albums are basically perfect the way that they are if you ask me. Lots of other good music, including Iron Maiden, was inspired by those albums, but I haven't heard anything that really improved on them from my perspective while keeping to the same kind of style.

That especially goes for Stained Class, which is pretty much the best traditional metal album as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't really heard anything in the same vein as Judas Priest's 70's albums that is better, since those albums are basically perfect the way that they are if you ask me. Lots of other good music, including Iron Maiden, was inspired by those albums, but I haven't heard anything that really improved on them from my perspective while keeping to the same kind of style.

That especially goes for Stained Class, which is pretty much the best traditional metal album as far as I'm concerned.
I was more going for the discogs as a whole, but SWOD and SC are both ace, to me the point still applies to the rest of the stuff though.