Controversial opinions on metal

well i wouldn't say i hate it but i don't really like it either... the funny thing about punk is that they have this 'rebellious' attitude and all and the music itself is so cutesy.

My roommate is this huge punk before metal fan kind of guy, and I get so sick of hearing it. 95% of punk sounds the exact same, same copycat vocals, same re-arranged chords, same guitar tone.

Seriously, how rebellious is it?

To me, stuff like AC/DC and Motörhead - As well as stuff like Slayer and Cannibal Corpse all falls on the wrong side of the line between art and whatever the other thing is. Motörhead however are almost decent mainly thanks to Lemmy's vocals.

I hate punk, srsly can't name one band i enjoy.
*dodges*
If you don't like the Clash then you honestly fail at life.

These albums were on par with Like an Ever Flowing Stream, and released at nearly the same time, but they all languished in semi-obscurity.
Unlike LAEFS, a copy of which can now be found in almost every home.

I didn't even know Black Mark released The Nocturnal Silence. :erk: All of those albums that you mentioned, of course, are fucking excellent.

Anyone agree that Watchtower has never gotten the cred they deserve? They made a big impact on technical metal but are still fairly unmentioned today by bands who owe them tons of credit.

Anyone agree that Watchtower has never gotten the cred they deserve? They made a big impact on technical metal but are still fairly unmentioned today by bands who owe them tons of credit.
Them and a bunch of other overlooked thrash acts like Coroner, Toxik, etc.