Controversial opinions on metal

Whitechapel's first album is awesome. Everything from The Acacia Strain is good... Molotov Solution is alright...

Some deathcore bands have their moments... but so many sound so exactly the same it starts to bore me to death.

The Red Chord are probably my pick as most quality Deathcore band. Despised Icon are a close second, but the twin vocalists annoy me.

I saw the Red Cord live a few years ago at Mayhem Festival in Toronto. They were absolutely amazing live. I'm not a big fan of most things "core" but they were awesome.

Besides the Red Cord, I'd much rather listen to some early Korn than deathcore.

Numetal > Deathcore

Just saw Whitechapel last weekend. I don't mind This is Exile, but the new stuff just really didn't translate well live. All Shall Perish and As Blood Runs Black seem to be the best at keeping me interested.

how the hell is nu metal better than deathcore? that doesnt make any sense since deathcore at least has some death metal in it.

how the hell is nu metal better than deathcore? that doesnt make any sense since deathcore at least has some death metal in it.

Apples and Oranges. Neither is really death metal, but we were talking about deathcore.

Anyhow.

Never could get into Despised Icon, seemed too, Hatebreed?