Controversial opinions on metal

So I re-visited Stronghold by Summoning, and I like it better now for some reason. I still maintain that at its worst, Summoning sounds more like a Heroes Of Might And Magic soundtrack than atmospheric black metal.

I agree %100,epic as hell!! It's an album I'll never tire of.Speaking of Summoning,surely they'd have some new material in the works.It's been four years since Oath Bound.I actually really enjoy Lost Tales as well.

The only albums that give Stronghold a run for its money are Dol Guldur and Nightshade Forests (the latter might actually be my favorite overall).

Every Summoning album is the best Summoning album while I'm listening to it. I really don't even care to rate them beyond that, as they all present me with something special, original, and captivating anyway.

Karmablade: Most classic metal is extremely cheesy and that's half the charm in it.

Maybe if one's idea of classic metal is Manowar, JP's Defenders of the Faith, and more Manowar. Otherwise I don't see how it is more cheesy than any other style of metal.

Indeed. Every track on Nightshade Forests is absolutely excellent. It's a wonder why they didn't use any of those songs on Dol Guldur.

Stronghold is great. "Where Hope and Daylight Die" possibly edges out "Lugburz" for my favorite Summoning track. LMHSYF though might be my favorite album.

I just dont get the whole love for Sunn O))). When someone plays a guitar really slowly for ten minutes and never develops a song out of it.