Controversial opinions on metal

Sear Bliss is some of the most boring black metal I've ever heard. Holy shit why am I giving this shit a second chance right now?

Oops, sorry. I was in Miami and didn't go on this website for a couple of days, and you're still crying about an argument that only you even care about since you deliberately entered that thread to start it despite the fact that nobody had done anything whatsoever to provoke such a grand clusterfuck. My new post in that thread is the last that I'll even bother with on that subject.

Welcome to Miami
Bienvenidos a Miami
Bouncin in the club where the heat is on
All night, on the beach till the break of dawn
I'm goin to Miami
Welcome to Miami!

Sear Bliss is some of the most boring black metal I've ever heard. Holy shit why am I giving this shit a second chance right now?

I seem to remember this band not really being black metal, at least on the albums I've heard... closer to some kind of gothic metal hybrid thing.

What album are you listening to? Don't know their early stuff, but Forsaken Destiny and Glory and Perdition are good albums. Their last one, The Arcane Odyssey, sounds great. I like the way they add the Trumpet sound to the BM atmosphere.

"slam" death metal and "Deathcore" same damn thing describing shitty, untalented death metal. Punctuated by noobs who think that early death metal acts never had any time changes (i.e. your slamming break downs) though then it was called "time changes" until your unneeded labels appeared and fucked it all up.

"slam" death metal and "Deathcore" same damn thing describing shitty, untalented death metal. Punctuated by noobs who think that early death metal acts never had any time changes (i.e. your slamming break downs) though then it was called "time changes" until your unneeded labels appeared and fucked it all up.

Tell that to Nick(cookiecutter) and Andy(V5).

I love his custom title: "hater of subgenres"

So I guess you only listen to...metal? As long as it's not black/death/classic/progressive/folk/groove/thrash/doom/stoner/goth/nu/power/sludge/symphonic metal?

Maybe because you know it will grow on you as soon as you pull your head out of your ass. How do you think they're boring? They have this awesome contrast of brutality and epic melody that just wins. Great band.

I seem to remember this band not really being black metal, at least on the albums I've heard... closer to some kind of gothic metal hybrid thing.

Not really; when they're at their most brutal, it's very black metal. The more melodic, slower passages can be classified as something else, but definitely not gothic. When the horns kick in it's almost like symphonic doom, sometimes.

Maybe because you know it will grow on you as soon as you pull your head out of your ass. How do you think they're boring? They have this awesome contrast of brutality and epic melody that just wins. Great band.

I was listening to The Haunting and was bored to fucking death. A bunch of chugging riffs going on and on with occasional horns.

Can't speak for The Haunting. It's part of their early repertoire, which I'm not yet familiar with. I'd suggest you look up Glory and Perdition or their newest, The Arcane Odyssey.