Controversial opinions on metal

One could argue that Tool is perhaps "post-metal". I'm not a die hard Tool geek like many people that I know, but I see nothing wrong with their music. I actually enjoy Undertow and Aenima quite a bit, though I almost never listen to those albums due to overexposure.

This, totally.

TooL Prog-Metal. :lol:

when did anyone think TooL was a metal band ?, NEVER.
Tool is mainly alternative metal, but they sometimes play prog metal, prog rock, alternative rock, art rock.

Many fans and critics consider them as prog-metal/alternative metal.

I understand that Poser-Noobs like you and that Poser-Faggot King Drunkard doesn't really know how to differentiate the vast sub-genre's of metal so i'll just let this one slide.

I've got some news for you. Alternative Metal isn't actually a genre, it's just a stupid blanket term like "Classic Rock".
Umm No. Alternative Metal is a genre that was influenced by Alternative Rock and Heavy Metal, it's like alternative rock mixed with the typical metal sound. Classic Rock was once reffered with Glam Metal, not Alternative Metal.

Umm No. Alternative Metal is a genre that was influenced by Alternative Rock and Heavy Metal, it's like alternative rock mixed with the typical metal sound. Classic Rock was once reffered with Glam Metal, not Alternative Metal.

You should Study the History of Heavy Metal first before i will take your posts seriously, little fella.

You're either a really stupid troll or you're just really stupid. Either way, YOU = STUPID.