Controversial opinions on metal

Umm No. Alternative Metal is a genre that was influenced by Alternative Rock and Heavy Metal, it's like alternative rock mixed with the typical metal sound. Classic Rock was once reffered with Glam Metal, not Alternative Metal.

Here's an example of a Alternative Metal song and yeah it's gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbfsFR0s-_A

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahfidshfaihg

hahahfahifahahahahahahha

You're a dumbass. Stop making shit up.

i'm on the outside, i'm lookin in, i can see through you, see your true colours 'cause inside youre ugly, youre ugly like me, i can see through you, see you the real you.. THIS IS THE REAL MOTHERFUCKIN DEAL YO.. IM FEELIN THOSE LIGHTERS..

can you hear that?
o shit
oo waa aa aa aa
OKH OKH
OKH OKH
drowning deep in my sea alone and
broken your servant i am
WILL YOU GIVE IT TO ME?

He was calling the album old, not old for a brutal death metal album.

He should also have an extensive knowledge of the History of Death Metal and know brutal death metal in general is fairly new.

Alternative rock isn't really even a fucking genre.

Alternative rock is a genre. There's metal bands that you could say are Alternative in someways too what is viewed as being metal for people who do not like real metal, but it's not a genre.

Alternative rock is a genre. There's metal bands that you could say are Alternative in someways too what is viewed as being metal for people who do not like real metal, but it's not a genre.

Then can you explain to me what it is? I've heard bands like Radiohead labeled as alternative rock, I've seen Nickelback labeled as alternative rock, so please explain.

Alternative rock is about as vague as progressive rock. Not at all a specific style. Progressive rock could be used to describe both Pink Floyd and Tool; likewise a wide variety of artists could be labeled as alternative rock.
Which means it's pretty much useless as a descriptor.