Controversial opinions on metal

I disagree with all the opinions about closing this thread. I find most of the shit written in here to be absolutely hilarious/enlightening. I lurk these forums a few times a week and always return to see what sort of blasphemous bull shit people post in here.

Anyways... Here's something controversial....

The album Demonic from Testament is very good. Chuck Billy is capable of excellent death metal vocals and the song writing on the album is very creepy. The track Together as One absolutely owns.
I loved Demonic.

Agreed... though I think Stormblast is really good too.

Sure. I'd put it in 4th place, behind #1 PEM, #2 EDT, and #3 SBD.
I'm also strongly opposed to closing this thread. It's the easiest one for me to contribute to, as I'm not as hip as I used to be. I can't introduce everyone to the new brutal death band from Upper Volta called Malignant Cunt Psoriasis or the hot new black metal sensation from Baluchistan called Xzyqvtrbnjdr.

I'm also strongly opposed to closing this thread. It's the easiest one for me to contribute to, as I'm not as hip as I used to be. I can't introduce everyone to the new brutal death band from Upper Volta called Malignant Cunt Psoriasis or the hot new black metal sensation from Baluchistan called Xzyqvtrbnjdr.

:p

Same. I also don't see the point in closing it just to open another.

:lol::lol:

My old boss was a huge fan of Tool. Went to see them like 8 times. Cool guy. He put on a Tool album one night over the incredibly horrible store speakers and it sounded alright.

One could argue that Tool is perhaps "post-metal". I'm not a die hard Tool geek like many people that I know, but I see nothing wrong with their music. I actually enjoy Undertow and Aenima quite a bit, though I almost never listen to those albums due to overexposure.

Who even cares for Tool?

:wave: Me.

I agree with the opinion about the Tool fanbase thinking Tool is Gods gift to music, but alot of these fans just dont know any better so to them their opinion is valid so who cares...

I enjoy their music and their live performance is awesome with the amount of time put in on their visuals, production and sound. I just saw them in LA last week and was blown away how good the show was.

I'm not a die hard Tool geek like many people that I know, but I see nothing wrong with their music. I actually enjoy Undertow and Aenima quite a bit, though I almost never listen to those albums due to overexposure.

This.

Quite obviously, fanboisms are unwarranted and blown out of proportion. I like the fact that Tool is sort of the common ground between some of my not-metal friends and I.

Tool is decent.
You wouldn't find me listening to them in my free time, but I wouldn't kill myself if I was forced to liten to it.
But they have a really retarded fanbase.

I own Undertow, and while I like it, I don't listen to it as much as I would since the sixty-something one-second tracks at the end fuck up Windows Media Player.