Controversial opinions on metal

I disagree with all the opinions about closing this thread. I find most of the shit written in here to be absolutely hilarious/enlightening. I lurk these forums a few times a week and always return to see what sort of blasphemous bull shit people post in here.

Anyways... Here's something controversial....

The album Demonic from Testament is very good. Chuck Billy is capable of excellent death metal vocals and the song writing on the album is very creepy. The track Together as One absolutely owns.

^Now thats a trve lvrker right there

Controversial?:

Demilich > Demigod > Convulse

For a second there, I really thought you were just quoting the original sentence

This thread does the wonderful job of condensing all the Priest-Maiden/Opeth/Metallica-other thrash bands/etc. threads that would inevitably pop up without it.

tbh this is my favourite megathread the other ones are worse. call me old school but i much prefer forums where you get new threads devoted to bands and releases n shit, not these running conversations. i cant really explain why though it's probably an autism thing. unfortunately deron will never make me mod again after i burnt down his local church.

tbh this is my favourite megathread the other ones are worse. call me old school but i much prefer forums where you get new threads devoted to bands and releases n shit, not these running conversations. i cant really explain why though it's probably an autism thing. unfortunately deron will never make me mod again after i burnt down his local church.

That happens at the SMN boards and look at what happened to those.

Did you burn a hundred a month?

Early doesn't always equal better (though more often than not, it does). I prefer mid-discography Dimmu Borgir over new and old Dimmu, for example. I know most people are of opinion "A" (All Dummy Burger sux ballz) or opinion "B" (Stormblast and For All Tid is good, everything else sucks), but I'm secure in my manhood, so I'm not afraid to admit to my preference for ETD, SBD, and PEM.

Agreed... though I think Stormblast is really good too.

Yeah, most of the other megathreads are lame, but this one eliminates a lot of other shitty threads and occasionally contains interesting conversation.

The album Demonic from Testament is very good. Chuck Billy is capable of excellent death metal vocals and the song writing on the album is very creepy. The track Together as One absolutely owns.

Demonic actually got me into death metal. It has lost some of its allure now that I can tolerate tr00er albums/bands, but I still enjoy it. Definitely better than their 88-92 period.