Controversial opinions on metal

Actually, I've seen a lot of people hold that opinion, and I did too, long ago, when I was only listening to classic rock and metal, mostly from the 60s-80s. Eventually I started listening to more recent progressive and power metal, and then extreme and experimental metal. Most of my favourite music comes from the 90's or the 00's.

Now, I listen to a lot more than just metal. I love jazz and techno, and I even listen to a little mainstream pop/rock and some underground hiphop.

Oh yeah, and I'm 15. I don't think my age group makes much of a difference really.

I think, maybe, my banner is causing what I actually said to be exaggerated. I said some old stuff and SOME new stuff.

I wasn't into metal at all in the 90s the only thing I really recall are bands such as Sum41 and slipknot. I don't even know what genre they are some type of punk whatever lets not go into that.

I don't really like 90s stuff in general. I thought the 90s were aggresively boring, compared to now, but I was a very young child thoughout.

I like power metal anyway actually. I can listen to recent metal and not just be annoyed by it but like I said I find quite a bit of it completely boring and that's not to do with it being too heavy for me. It doesn't work like that.

I find that people who listen to nothing but metal tend to be morons.

I disagree. I find that people who state "I only listen to metal" tend to be morons. People who listen to nothing but metal, but don't have a policy against it, tend to be...actually, some of them are still morons. But they're not all morons.

actually it's not just fucking music. really good music should be emotionally and spiritually powerful. limiting yourself to just one genre is limiting yourself to only a small part of the overrall spectrum or emotion and spirituality in music.

Who cares if someone chooses just one genre of music if they like it that much. Let them be.

I do not think my opinions are that contraversial but here I go:

Sepultura's Against isnt that bad. Actually I always liked it. Obviously not as good as early Sepultura but.

Later Death is inferior compared to their excellent earlier material.

Some later Entombed material are excellent.

The Possessed were tacky.

Carcass' Heartwork I like.

I usually listen to Metal by sub-genre.

For example, I'll go on a Black Metal binge one week and then the next I'm jamming to some Thrash or Death Metal. Whenever I get bored of Metal, I listen to Hip-Hop or some more Rock based stuff such as CKY/A Perfect Circle. I am trying to get into some other genres as well.

Who cares if someone chooses just one genre of music if they like it that much. Let them be.

personally it's no loss to me... but since we are sharing opinions and having a discussion on the topic why not mention my views?

I really enjoy listening to noise, some electronica, ambient, alternative rock, movie/video game soundtracks, and classical.

I am open to anything that is musically interesting; something with atmosphere, originality, technicality, and the like just as long as it is interesting and good.

European style "flower metal" bands are better than power metal bands that sound like Blind Guardian.

European style "flower metal" bands are better than power metal bands that sound like Blind Guardian.
ipnzi1.jpg