Cool or Not Cool?

bathory...

Jun 9, 2007
USA, Tri State area
So, I was at a concert last night, and there was this new thing that everyone seemed to think was cool, punching, spinning around flailing arms and kicking everyone in a mosch pit. I like old-school mosch pits better, where pushing and shoving was the way to go, and don't know where all this new stuff came from. So, is it metal or gay?

So, I was at a concert last night, and there was this new thing that everyone seemed to think was cool, punching, spinning around flailing arms and kicking everyone in a mosch pit. I like old-school mosch pits better, where pushing and shoving was the way to go, and don't know where all this new stuff came from. So, is it metal or gay?

I'll vote gay on this. Big difference between havin fun and trying to take someones head off and the main reason I tend to shy away from pits nowadays.

usually, the guys who start out violent kung fu kicking mosh pits are skinny dudes looking for a thrill.
Last time I saw that a pretty muscular friend of mine got in the middle and those mallcore faggets quickly calmed down and the moshpit became normal again.
Thats all you need to do normally, get annoyed with these annoying kids. They calm down fast.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty gay and it would make sense that it's called hardcore dancing since it was a hardcore concert. I've always thought of hardcore as having some of the better pits though, are you guys saying that this all originated with like the 90s hardcore shit? I've always been partial to that and thought would feel cheated on if this was happening at hardcore concerts this entire time. Say it ain't so!

I was kind of hoping I'd come on here and people would say it came from some gay band like Atreyu :loco:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty gay and it would make sense that it's called hardcore dancing since it was a hardcore concert. I've always thought of hardcore as having some of the better pits though, are you guys saying that this all originated with like the 90s hardcore shit? I've always been partial to that and thought would feel cheated on if this was happening at hardcore concerts this entire time. Say it ain't so!

I was kind of hoping I'd come on here and people would say it came from some gay band like Atreyu :loco:

Honestly first time I ever saw anything like that...I wanna say late 90's a friend of mine dragged me to an Insane Clown Posse show(sue me he didnt wanna go alone). only good thing about that show was I got to see GWAR. But yeah I thought it was stupid and retarded then and my opinion has not changed.

Hardcore dancers get chucked out by my mates and me at concerts. Whoever invented this travesty to the Toxic Waltz should be shot.

I always stay at the front at shows, but anyhow, yeah, what you're talking about is called hardcore dancing, it comes from hardcore into metalcore and deathcore, and it's probably the gayest thing imaginable. If you made a scale from one to ten of gayness, with Manowar being a 1, vaginal intercourse being a 3, and anal sex with another man being a 10, hardcore dancing would be a 15.

I always stay at the front at shows, but anyhow, yeah, what you're talking about is called hardcore dancing, it comes from hardcore into metalcore and deathcore, and it's probably the gayest thing imaginable. If you made a scale from one to ten of gayness, with Manowar being a 1, vaginal intercourse being a 3, and anal sex with another man being a 10, hardcore dancing would be a 15.

Wait how does 3 make you gay?

Well I mean unless your female...