Cool Things In Songs

KillerRobot

^___^
Feb 21, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
www.myspace.com
I was listening to Immortal - Tyrants with my good Sennheiser headphones on today instead of my usual creative speakers and I noticed how they subtley dubbed the vocals on the right side with like a whisper echo, and I thought that it was bad ass. I've heard stuff similar to that on other songs before, but it fits so well in that song. I thought it was a good song before, but its little details like that that make great songs.

Also in When, by Opeth. I love the acoustic strums they play with the other guitars in the at the end of riff that starts at 1:27, before the first solo, also the riff the solo plays over.

Post some other cool subtle things you hear in songs that make them great. I'm sure I know some more I just can't think of them right now. I'll post them when I think of them.

sorceron said:
in that nine inch nails song the becoming i like all those screams in the background. they sound badass.

I also like listening to "something i can never have" with headphones. I like how instead of actual percussive instrumentation he uses those industrial sounds.