Coreblade - first impressions

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
As some of you might have read I've been asked to record the official Coreblade Samples for Hughes&Kettner and also create some "Lasse Lammert factory presets"....
the amp has arrived today and I only had a very brief testdrive so far.
I think it's very versatile and incredibly great for live use....no support act will ever fuck your sound up after you've had your soundcheck....one hit on the floorboard and your settings are restored....cool.
Automatic bias etc...just throw any kind of powertube in it and it'll do the biasing for you.
it is one of the tightest metalamps I've tried (up there with engl just with a beefier less sterile sound).
The only downside so far is a slight fizzyness, but one look inside the amp revealed the problem.....el34 (I don't like them in most amps....Überschall is the only exception).
I'll see if I can put some 6L6 in before I record the clips, that'll take care of the fizzyness.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post samples before they go on the official H&K page, but I'll find out....you will definitely get some samples of this pretty cool amp.

Sounds awesome, Lasse.

My favorite amp techs in New York regard Hughes and Kettner as the best amplifier manufacturers around. I've never been that impressed with one of the amps, though.

Maybe this one will change my mind.

very much looking fwd to the clips dude...esp. if you get the 6L6s in there.
could you post some pics also...in the flesh kinda thing?

yeah never really been too impressed with any of their amps either...... this is the first time hearing about this one. will check it out but honestly not expecting too much... definitely want to hear your clips though. using the programmable pots is a great idea..... I think that's something a lot of amp manufacturers should look into. it would help give the versatility that a lot of guitarists are looking for.

you don't like el34s? really? a lot of my favorite amps are all el34s...... engl se (el34 version sounds better), engl invader 100, the vht/fryette 2/50/2 poweramp... actually wasn't a very big fan of the uberschall at all though when I had one... I've also heard a ton of 6l6 amps sound really "fizzy" too. rectos and 5150s are good examples... they don't always sound fizzy if set certain ways, but they definitely can very easily get into the fizz territory...