Correlation between Religion and Athletes

Except most atheists who are condescending and preachy are stupid, because being condescending/preachy is something that stupid people do.

An atheist is more likely to have a BA. That doesn't mean that most people with BAs are atheists, or that most atheists have BAs, just that a higher proportion of atheists - proportion, not raw number - have BAs.

Except most atheists who are condescending and preachy are stupid, because being condescending/preachy is something that stupid people do.

This. Condescension is often a defense mechanism for a weak conviction/belief foundation and a massive character flaw.

Yep, being a patronizing dickweed is a lot like bragging about your penis. Do it, and everyone knows you're trying to compensate for something!

An atheist is more likely to have a BA. That doesn't mean that most people with BAs are atheists, or that most atheists have BAs, just that a higher proportion of atheists - proportion, not raw number - have BAs.
I'm an atheist with a BA now so I fit into that category.

And homosexuals are more likely to enjoy musical theater. I don't want to sound accusatory, but I believe that now we're treading on stereotype ground (not that advanced education is a negative stereotype). I've personally noticed that many working class high school graduates are atheist, mostly because of the hopelessness of their socioeconomic standing.

Fuck that.

Christianity is rooted in condescending/preaching. I'm not a preachy atheist but I'm not going to get in the way of some good ol religion bashing, they deserve that shit they preach everyday everywhere. If you think preaching is a sign of stupidity that would lead me to believe you agree that religious people are generally less intelligent than atheists.

Fuck that.

Christianity is rooted in condescending/preaching. I'm not a preachy atheist but I'm not going to get in the way of some good ol religion bashing, they deserve that shit they preach everyday everywhere. If you think preaching is a sign of stupidity that would lead me to believe you agree that religious people are generally less intelligent than atheists.

Most religious people aren't preachy and are content to believe what they believe by themselves and go to church/mosque/whatever on whatever day of the week is "sacred" to them. It's no longer socially acceptable in mainstream society to be a noisy Bible-thumper. I'm obviously talking about The West in general and not about Saudi Arabia and all those hopeless shitholes with Sharia Law.

The fact that you are praising the act of bashing someone based on whether they may or may not be "preaching" their religion would lead me to believe that you are stuck in "reactionary teenager omg I'm a rebel" land.

Most religious people aren't preachy and are content to believe what they believe by themselves and go to church/mosque/whatever on whatever day of the week is "sacred" to them. It's no longer socially acceptable in mainstream society to be a noisy Bible-thumper. I'm obviously talking about The West in general and not about Saudi Arabia and all those hopeless shitholes with Sharia Law.

The fact that you are praising the act of bashing someone based on whether they may or may not be "preaching" their religion would lead me to believe that you are stuck in "reactionary teenager omg I'm a rebel" land.

metal_wrath is a black guy who listens to metal, so he is already scoring astronomically high on the rebellious chart. I give him massive kudos for that little bit, outside of listening to metal I disagree with him on about everything else :erk:

If those shit holes like Saudi Arabia were following the Sharia Law, they would be way better, and more educated. They have their own agenda that they work according to.
Maybe preaching has changed its nature, it's no longer a guy giving a two hours speech about religion, it's seething secretly, just like what the original poster said, they integrate it everywhere, even in sports ;)

I hope this post is fathomable :lol:

I think that there's a misunderstanding, the players pray or point to the sky to show their respect and love to God, and some of them thank God because they love God too much and they'd thank him for anything that happens in their lives. Anyway, I don't think this topic deserves a serious debate.