Correlation between Religion and Athletes

If those shit holes like Saudi Arabia were following the Sharia Law, they would be way better, and more educated. They have their own agenda that they work according to.

I hope this post is fathomable :lol:

I got it. But religion should never be the basis for civil law anyway, so any country that uses Sharia law or other religious laws is still fucked up and ass-backwards. Sure the original scriptures and laws might be ok (doubtful since Islam/Judaism/Christianity are like 2000 years old and we have since invented flush toilets and stopped beheading people for petty theft), but it's idiotic and idealistic to expect humans to not put their own agenda and spin on religious laws.

Histories shows that Sharia worked well when it was applied by muslims in the middle ages until they had corrupt leaders which lead us to this stage. btw, Islam is only 14xx years old lol.

Backwards and backwards, at least they work more as units by not compromising with religion. That's more sane than to believe fully in something and yet constantly back away when someone else is of another opinion, as is inevitably the case in all highly mixed cultures.

And homosexuals are more likely to enjoy musical theater. I don't want to sound accusatory, but I believe that now we're treading on stereotype ground (not that advanced education is a negative stereotype). I've personally noticed that many working class high school graduates are atheist, mostly because of the hopelessness of their socioeconomic standing.

There is data on this shit. Can you not understand how your personal experience could possibly be something of an outlier?

Everyone really needs to fucking take statistics. Srsly. I try not to be condescending towards religious people but it's hard not to be condescending towards those who are statistically illiterate.

And homosexuals are more likely to enjoy musical theater. I don't want to sound accusatory, but I believe that now we're treading on stereotype ground (not that advanced education is a negative stereotype). I've personally noticed that many working class high school graduates are atheist, mostly because of the hopelessness of their socioeconomic standing.
You don't really seem to be understanding what we're talking about so here are some sources for what I'm saying.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentis...atheist-religion-education-demographics-class
Lifelong theists are disproportionately made up of those with no academic qualifications, whereas lifelong atheists are disproportionately made up of those with a Bachelor's degree (but not a master's or PhD). Moreover, lifelong atheists are disproportionately underrepresented in the category of those who have "no academic qualifications". Lifelong atheists, in other words, are better educated than lifelong theists.

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/god-and...p-between-scientists-and-other-americans.html
An eye-opening new Pew survey on science and religion reveals a huge God gap between scientists and other Americans. Eighty-three percent of Americans say that they believe in God, while just 33 percent of scientists do. Just 17 percent of Americans are religiously unaffiliated, while nearly three times as many scientists are.

A CNN study also showed that liberals and atheists have higher IQs than religious/conservative people.

It's probably true. The people with the highest IQs I know are generally apolitical/independent/moderate and atheist.

I think that there's a misunderstanding, the players pray or point to the sky to show their respect and love to God, and some of them thank God because they love God too much and they'd thank him for anything that happens in their lives. Anyway, I don't think this topic deserves a serious debate.
Those actions you mentioned aren't a proble. They don't bother me one bit.
The problem lies in how these things end up evolving into team wide prayer and religious imposition on others. It is a use of peer pressure to make others feel left out if they don't pray despite their beliefs. And this lets intolerance and ignorance go further and further.

It comforts me to know that you guys are so much fucking smarter than me. Really, if I'm going to be one of those drooling 'tards, I'd at least like to be in good hands.

WAIF: I am not religious at all. I do in fact, consider myself to be atheist.
CC: Thank you for the clarification. I did have difficulty believing your earlier assertion without the added detail, as my own experience has shown me that atheism is anything but an intellectual belief. Most atheists I know are disgruntled blue-collar types who abandon their belief in god as a reaction to a lifetime of hardship and poverty.

Don't you think you're taking a statistical trend a little personally?

The existence of the statistical trend doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that it gives extra ammo to the assholes that think I'm a complete dumbshit for believing in God. Essentially, that statistic doesn't mean I'm less intelligent, it just makes a whole lot of people more arrogant and I have to deal with their arrogance.