Country of shit, politics of whit, corruption etc. - Serious thread

haha like other animals we have a 'way of living'. communities of 90 people were the thing!

I didn't literally mean designed. I'm agnostic.

As for Indonesia, one look at the people is enough to wonder why one would want to live here.

How long did you spend there? Has it occurred to you that you are possibly viewing the place through rose-coloured glasses? You saw children playing together & laughing, so that somehow means that children here are unhappy? Have you stopped to consider all the military and sectarian violence there? And do you think there's no corruption over there?

I by no means think Australia and western capitalism is perfect, but also don't believe in some fairytale land where everyone is happy all the time because they aren't into material items. Australia is a great place to live, and I feel lucky to have been born here (no patriotic wankerism intended).

No.

How long did you spend there? Has it occurred to you that you are possibly viewing the place through rose-coloured glasses? You saw children playing together & laughing, so that somehow means that children here are unhappy? Have you stopped to consider all the military and sectarian violence there? And do you think there's no corruption over there?

I by no means think Australia and western capitalism is perfect, but also don't believe in some fairytale land where everyone is happy all the time because they aren't into material items. Australia is a great place to live, and I feel lucky to have been born here (no patriotic wankerism intended).

Well, gee, no. I had NO clue there was corruption there, none at all! And of course, no, I didn't consider ANY violence at all, no... hmm. So peaceful and flowery!!! It's quite utopian!

Where on earth did you come up with this nonsense? Where did I mention that children here are unhappy? You made THAT one up yourself, evidently misunderstanding what I've posted. I saw plenty of dirt roads, decrepit villages, and struggling locals actually, among many other things.

Continue with your idle stupidity, please.

No.

Well, gee, no. I had NO clue there was corruption there, none at all! And of course, no, I didn't consider ANY violence at all, no... hmm. So peaceful and flowery!!! It's quite utopian!

Where on earth did you come up with this nonsense? Where did I mention that children here are unhappy? You made THAT one up yourself, evidently misunderstanding what I've posted. I saw plenty of dirt roads, decrepit villages, and struggling locals actually, among many other things.

You said you never see children that happy in western society, and why are you coming off as such a douchebag? And when you seriously wrote ur <3 Indonesian post, I didn't notice 1 negative, all positive that it has no wrong, I only didnt say anytihng because I dont know jack shit about Indonesia.

No.

:lol: Way to be a fucking asshole. Satanstoenail was just being calm and asking questions, and you bight his head off? And you get upset when people call you a douchebag :lol:

Going back to his original point about Indonesia (in which he does mention the fact that they aren't perfect... it's all in the context guys.) and how it seems so much better when it comes to mental health and general wellbeing because they don't have a strong sense of materialism, I would just like to point out that nobody in the modern western world would be willing to throw capitalism away. It just isn't going to happen. I think it would be a better idea to focus on what causes the greed and disconnection rather than throw capitalism out the window. I think there is a specific cause for that illness, and that throwing out capitalism as a whole is rather like killing the patient to cure the disease.

Also: Quit with the ad hominem, Hub.