Country of shit, politics of whit, corruption etc. - Serious thread

how can you judge the entire western society over your experience in Australia, living there, and maybe travelling other places? Why the fuck would you want to live in Indonesia.

I've lived in England AND Australia, and I can't imagine the similarities between those to not exist in the US either.

As for Indonesia, one look at the people is enough to wonder why one would want to live here. Just depends on what you want out of life really. With more travels though, my opinion may continue to change, time will tell... If you ask V5 though, it's because I'm a pipe-smoking hippie :loco:

Yep, but some countries/islands are mostly Hindu (and mind you, a more animist version, vastly different from that practiced in India).

I was more thinking they'd be happy because of the whole caste-system thing, but I guess it might just be what Val was saying.

Not sure why people are bitching about Illinois/Chicago of all places. (Although I know Krig just is mad that we have some gun laws, thank god.) I think you could do a lot worse. Chicago is clean, safe (if you're not a dumbass), diverse, and entertaining. I never want to leave. I feel much less safe in Evanston, IL where I live during the school year. The roads aren't perfect in Chicago, but really, what do you expect. Compare Chicago streets to suburban streets and you'll see that Chicago's are vastly better, especially considering the traffic levels being way higher in the city. There's road construction going on all the time in the vicinity of my neighborhood. I'm sure this is what tolls pay for. Granted, I only pay tolls a handful of times a year, but I do see some results from them. If anything, construction is more of an inconvenience than tolls are.

Illinois apparently only has the 29th highest total crime rate of all states...

DC is the worst (obviously) but Arizona is second.

Do I think I can do that? Hmm... I'm not so sure. Still trying to sort that one out. I can definitely see that capitalism is not quite what it seems, and in many ways, it's killing who we are.

You know there is an actual community size that humans are designed to work in and it's not huge cities. Maybe this is something to do with it.

I understand the reason for people strongly disagreeing with you; it's like watching an Audi advert when the only car your allowed is a trabant. Well it's like someone saying they're gonna take the Audi and swap it for a trabant.

I don't think there needs to be any kind or world state, in fact the opposite.