Covers you would love to hear by Opeth

What a ridiculous thread. Covers are bullshit unless they're taking the piss out of the pop scene, like CoB with "Hit Me Baby One More Time", and even that has a limit of about 5 listens.

^fuck yeah, opeth doig down in a hole makes me wet my pants... just imagie akerfeldt going: i'd like to flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, but my wings have been so denieee--eee--ee---eed... buryyy me softly in this woooomb...

fuck, that would pwn all the n00bs!!1!

Benighted Joe said:
"Discover me like emptiness" by In Flames - just for fun & because Mike has a better voice.

I actually think it would be quite funny to watch In Flames attempt to play an Opeth song. And fail miserably :lol:.

Btw, I don't actually dislike In Flames at all, although Anders Friden has one of the lamest singing voices I ever heard.

BastardSonOfGod said:
Opeth - Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd), that would be an awesome Cover...
Opeth - Where the Slime Lives (Morbid Angel)... :)

Ive heard a tool cover of comfortably numb and sure loadsa of other ppl have. its alright but nothing special. i rekon opeth could vastly improve songs from MEtallica's black album, especially sad but true.. surely.
Just softer songs, like Iced Earth - Melancoly would be good. i know this would be really weird but how bout Killswitch Engage - Just barely breathing? Jesse Leach was great switchin from scream to singing, how bout a growl? lol
maybe slayer's seasons in the abyss would be funni

Judas priest -when tears come or sth like that ! sorry i can't remember the title right now, but i watched a video on youtube on Melloboat last March, Mike was singing and i was blown away :D

They should definitely just cover their own Black Rose Immortal with their current better production quality and song-writing skills.