Crazy Band Ideas

This thread should be in the general metal discussion area, not the GMD forums. This thread is about metal,and it's not about casual discussion, but this
Made me laugh so hard for some reason. :lol:

Well it is now, but I did not say metal band ideas, it was just assumed. I thought if people are going to bring up idiot ideas for bands other then metal ones, it should be in social.

Hymns set to doom metal would be cool. Candlemass sorta did that, I guess, but I'm thinking specifically of "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence" (which already sounds like a metal song name tbh). Damn it, why can't Christian bands do anything cool with all the epic source material...?

Hymns set to doom metal would be cool. Candlemass sorta did that, I guess, but I'm thinking specifically of "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence" (which already sounds like a metal song name tbh). Damn it, why can't Christian bands do anything cool with all the epic source material...?

Seriously.

Black metal vocals with acoustic guitars only. Has it been done?

ulver-kveldssanger-cd.jpg

West African folk black metal
A death metal band where the vocalist literally burps or gargles for the vocals
An extreme metal band where the guitars are so distorted that they no longer really resemble guitars, but sound more like video game music, or something
Incorporating a jackhammer sound as a percussive backdrop
Using a violin with with tons of distortion, in symphonic metal
Uber sped up traditional metal with blast beats and harsh vocals