Crazy Band Ideas

I'd personally love to see Robert Fripp tackle Death Metal and see what he comes up with. Maybe put him next to Azagthoth and see what ambient atmospheres he could add to a band like Morbid Angel.

Speaking of Fripp, I have always wondered what his, "Gates of Paradise" album would sound like with death metal aesthetics added.

You have the stupidest name ever.

Oh, sorry. I should instead have a, "cool" avatar of some South Park character with a, "dark", and/or, "Kvlt" sounding screename to impress and show how true I am to people I don't know.

Who gives a fuck what my name is? Add something to the thread or stfu.

Oh, sorry. I should instead have a, "cool" avatar of some South Park character with a

You don't have to have an avatar. I was mocking your gay ass name.

"dark", or, "Kvlt" sounding screename to show how true I am to people I don't know.
Cookiecutter, zoidberg and The Ozzman all have not-so-Kvlt names. But yours is just a stupid name.

Who gives a fuck what my name is?
I do, you cock-monger.

Add something to the thread or stfu.
I already did.

You don't have to have an avatar. I was mocking your gay ass name.

Cookiecutter, zoidberg and The Ozzman all have not-so-Kvlt names. But yours is just a stupid name.

I do, you cock-monger.

I already did.

:loco:

If you're looking for an internet fight, look elsewhere.

I really wanna see an A capella death metal band. I know theres an A capella power metal band, but they're horrible. I think death metal would work a lot better.

Screamo a'capella would be very interesting. I have never heard any, there probably is though.

Also Techno Metal, Metal with heavy use of Synthesizer with the guitar highly distorted and fit to a techno beat. With electronic effects on the screaming and stuff.

I cant be the only one that lies in the bath from time to time thinking things like, I wonder how cool it would be if you could put a symphony to death metal.

Combined with your melo-dramatic avatar and the bath section of the post you sounded very gay. Though I once did try to compose some death metal with midi symphony. I wrote riffs then typed them in to powertab and then added the keys. Never sounded very nice. Nile's new record has a symphony in a few songs right?

a DM band that had barking vocals, and had a scream that sounded like a howl. i always wanted to do that, i would call it wolf metal and do a cover of Ozzy's howl at the moon.

Caninus
artist_5396

I cant be the only one that lies in the bath from time to time thinking things like, I wonder how cool it would be if you could put a symphony to death metal. This is just a thread to discuss wacky ideas for bands or things you would love to see done.

One thing that I have always thought would be interesting would be traditional doom, or less extreme metal, with a western feel. Perhaps it is just be wanting two of my main loves to collide but I just think it would be awesome if someone could put in whistles, darker, more haunting harmonica parts and a strong Ennio Morricone influence into that sort of music.
That really wouldn't be death metal then now would it? it would be interesting, but it would probably sound like crap.

Combined with your melo-dramatic avatar and the bath section of the post you sounded very gay. Though I once did try to compose some death metal with midi symphony. I wrote riffs then typed them in to powertab and then added the keys. Never sounded very nice. Nile's new record has a symphony in a few songs right?

Separately, but not at the same time as the death metal. Niles sweet.

West African folk black metal
A death metal band where the vocalist literally burps or gargles for the vocals
An extreme metal band where the guitars are so distorted that they no longer really resemble guitars, but sound more like video game music, or something
Incorporating a jackhammer sound as a percussive backdrop
Using a violin with with tons of distortion, in symphonic metal
Uber sped up traditional metal with blast beats and harsh vocals

There are a couple of Australian bands at the moment using Violins as lead guitars and Jackhammers have been put to music before in industrial as well as some metal, Type O Negative's Slow Deep and Hard springs to mind.

You have never had a spa bath with candles and bath bombs :D

Just kidding around, the whole lying in the bath thing was just an metaphor for being in a relaxed, reflective state of mind. As for my avatar, I am glad you approve.

Hymns set to doom metal would be cool. Candlemass sorta did that, I guess, but I'm thinking specifically of "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence" (which already sounds like a metal song name tbh). Damn it, why can't Christian bands do anything cool with all the epic source material...?

Frost Like Ashes covered this (actually a medly of sorts with O Come O Come Emmanuel) and it is amazing!! They are more black/death metal, but I feel they totally kept reverence and spirit of the song intact.

Find it!

Would be expensive as hell, and you'd need a really strong drummer. But if you had a conveyor belt of continuous drum kits and the drummer broke his drums with each hit, that would sound kickass.

Maybe a more realistic way to do this would be to record the sound of several drums breaking and just re-use the same sounds on a CD, though you couldn't do it live obviously.