Crazy Band Ideas

Putting pickups in wind instruments, and then distorting them, I'm eager to know what this sounds like.

Also a band with a parrot as their lead vocals.

People using tiger and lion roars in Metal, they would work pretty well in Metal.

How about if someone farts into a microphone and runs it through a harmonizer (to make it deeper) and distortion. That would go really well with brutal/slam death!

I don't know if this has been done. But a band that plays as fast as possible all the time. And by that I mean NOT just the drums (a lot of bands just have superfast drums to tremolo riffs that really aren't that fast in that they don't switch from note to note fast at all). I'm talking about fast as in different notes are played so fast it almost sounds like a blur. Some early Sinister riffs approach this (Perennial Mourning, Awaiting the Absu, etc.) and some of In Battle's and Mjonir's work does as well, but it isn't constant, and not quite as fast as what I'm talking about would be.

How about if someone farts into a microphone and runs it through a harmonizer (to make it deeper) and distortion. That would go really well with brutal/slam death!

I don't know if this has been done. But a band that plays as fast as possible all the time. And by that I mean NOT just the drums (a lot of bands just have superfast drums to tremolo riffs that really aren't that fast in that they don't switch from note to note fast at all). I'm talking about fast as in different notes are played so fast it almost sounds like a blur. Some early Sinister riffs approach this (Perennial Mourning, Awaiting the Absu, etc.) and some of In Battle's and Mjonir's work does as well, but it isn't constant, and not quite as fast as what I'm talking about would be.

Look for some Speedcore... it is a pretty extreme genre of music that doesn't drop bellow 300bpm. The Berserker are also incredibly fast all the time, its kind of Digital Grind, insanely fast vocals and drums, and kind of really odd sounding gabba beats playing at 200bpm under it. They popped up earlier in the thread somewhere, I think Rabid mentioned them.

barking and howling vocals for a DM/thrash band.

a 7 string bass and an acoustic guitar for a drone metal band.

a thrash metal band with 5 guitars and no drums and no bass.

a band with a vocalist/synth, and a drummer, with no bass drum. even if that would be pop/techno. it would be fucking bubblegum octopus!!

Putting pickups in wind instruments, and then distorting them, I'm eager to know what this sounds like.

Also a band with a parrot as their lead vocals.

And how do you suggest getting a pick-up in a wind instrument to work- given that guitar pick up's work by the movement of the metal string inducing an electric current in a magnetic field. But if you have a design, I'll invest- we could make a fortune

Yeah thats true, maybe you could just put a mic in it that solely picks up the vibration and not really the sound you hear, so that the electric sound will sound different, it will probably have to be a mic that doesn't pick up much, that way it won't be too loud.

Metal made with sitars would sound interesting.