creation

KielbasaSausage said:
Please, explain.

I didn't know there was a right or wrong opinion on suicide. Is an opinion something you would use to measure someone's intelligence?

Last time i checked there are many christians who believe in evolution. Like i said before, Darwin was a theist and came up with the evolution theory. He just believed that God created all matter (scientists have just figured out a way for non-organic material to become organic).

Yes, I use opinions to measure intelligence, to me intelligence is more than filling in the correct bubble on a standardized test.

Someone in my ecology class hung himself last week, I was talking about it with my friends at lunch, and my christian friend thinks he's burning in hell right now. Despite the fact that the kid was chemically imbalanced, was having all kinds of emotional problems, and his parents had just kicked him out of the house for getting a B on his report card.

By the christian's reasoning, he wasted the precious gift of life, and according to his catholic bullshit religion he will burn in hell for that. Regardless of the fact that god allowed all that shit to happen to him, and created him flawed. Despite the fact that this guy has a 4.8 Grade point average, I think he's a fucking idiot for having opinions like that, he'll believe anything his religion tells him.

I don't care if "there are some christians who believe in evolution" in reality, most christians DO NOT. In my biology class we had a poll of who thought evolution had merit to "SOME DEGREE" there were four out of 27 people that did. That is what I call archaic bullshit impeding knowledge.

I agree, but at the same time, I hate it when people go on about the 'tragedy' of suicide. There's nothiong tragic about that.

Ditto for the media going on about some soldier dying and about the 'tragedy'. what a load of bollocks!

Oyo said:
Yes, I use opinions to measure intelligence, to me intelligence is more than filling in the correct bubble on a standardized test.

Someone in my ecology class hung himself last week, I was talking about it with my friends at lunch, and my christian friend thinks he's burning in hell right now. Despite the fact that the kid was chemically imbalanced, was having all kinds of emotional problems, and his parents had just kicked him out of the house for getting a B on his report card.

By the christian's reasoning, he wasted the precious gift of life, and according to his catholic bullshit religion he will burn in hell for that. Regardless of the fact that god allowed all that shit to happen to him, and created him flawed. Despite the fact that this guy has a 4.8 Grade point average, I think he's a fucking idiot for having opinions like that, he'll believe anything his religion tells him.
Well, your friend assumes that Suicide Kid is burning in hell right now and you assume that he's not. How do you know that he's not "burning in hell?" I'd say that you and your christian friend have equal "intelligence" in terms of opinions.

Oyo said:

I don't care if "there are some christians who believe in evolution" in reality, most christians DO NOT. In my biology class we had a poll of who thought evolution had merit to "SOME DEGREE" there were four out of 27 people that did. That is what I call archaic bullshit impeding knowledge.

Actually what's kind of funny is that I've noticed that mainly religious people are 'gifted' when it comes to logic-based work, such as mathematics, physics etc. etc. all things that involve 'rules'. I think it's no coincidence that these people are so believing in their religion when they are so adept at following rules and remembering them.

I'm more of a philosopher type person.. while I can hold my own at maths, I am in no way 'gifted' at it and I dismissed religion even when I was hardly old enough to know better (maybe 6 or 7 years old).

KielbasaSausage said:
Well, your friend assumes that Suicide Kid is burning in hell right now and you assume that he's not. How do you know that he's not "burning in hell?" I'd say that you and your christian friend have equal "intelligence" in terms of opinions.

saved me the agony of having to reply to that one. and i'd just throw in that Christians don't necessarily "believe whatever their religion tells them to". if you're just eating what your preacher feeds you, i don't think that's very Christian. i follow the Bible, so i believe whatever God tells me to, not a priest or a pastor, etc. you're (Oyo) confusing "Christians" with "Catholics". my religion is based on my own beliefs that i have come to by my own studying, listening, and living.

TheBigJones47 said:
saved me the agony of having to reply to that one. and i'd just throw in that Christians don't necessarily "believe whatever their religion tells them to". if you're just eating what your preacher feeds you, i don't think that's very Christian. i follow the Bible, so i believe whatever God tells me to, not a priest or a pastor, etc. you're (Oyo) confusing "Christians" with "Catholics". my religion is based on my own beliefs that i have come to by my own studying, listening, and living.

are you talkin to me, or Oyo? My last post was not to be taken literally; I was mocking Oyo's "judging people by their opinions" postulate.

KielbasaSausage said:
are you talkin to me, or Oyo? My last post was not to be taken literally; I was mocking Oyo's "judging people by their opinions" postulate.

first part was to you, meaning that i agreed with your post and was about to make the same point in rebuttal to oyo.