Creepy as hell

Bacchante

The Dreaming Mind
Mar 14, 2004
This is random..but I'm researching the history of Mothmen, and I've had the chills for the last three hours. I've always had an interest in these spooky fuckers, but Its now an official obsession.
I'm even plotting a trip to Point Pleasant, West Virginia, which is where most of the sitings occur. There is a place there, the TNT area, where explosives (which have been removed) and tunnels were buried underground during WWII. I've read this is where these creatures hide out. I'm planning a visit to this place. :Spin:
That will be the ultimate spook hunt.

If you want to read something interesting and spooky, search for some mothman sitings online.
DO IT NOW :)
mothman.jpg

Hehe, Is anyone on this board from West Virginia? Just curious :dopey:

hey we're right next to WV! if you ever come to hunt for mothmen, chromie and i will come with ya! but then we'd have to take you to gettysburg, the haunted battlefields. :headbang:

point pleasant WV is pretty close to Ohio/kentucky though.. probably 6 hours away. but thats not that far!

I think there's a lot of mothmen around here.. that one movie took place all pretty locally to me

edit: I mean the parts that werent in point pleasant.. and in georgetown or whatevahhh

I was about to make a shadowpeople appreciation thread from work yesterday, but I wasn't able to find the exact articles and creepy pics I was looking for *shrugs*

Chromatose said:
I was about to make a shadowpeople appreciation thread from work yesterday, but I wasn't able to find the exact articles and creepy pics I was looking for *shrugs*

they really are rather rare.....i know there are only two or 3 at the site mentioned above.

Kiss The Void said:
have you ever read up on shadowmen? pretty cool
theres a lot of this neato stuff at
www.anomalies-unlimited.com
I am also obsessed with shadowpeople!!! :headbang: :worship: hehe, i was thinking of doing my report on them instead of mothmen, but I changed my mind.

Some of Justin's friends had a few run-ins with Shadowpeople in Oregon. :ill:

He should tell you that story

Creepy as fuck

Bacchante said:
I am also obsessed with shadowpeople!!! :headbang: :worship: hehe, i was thinking of doing my report on them instead of mothmen, but I changed my mind.

Creepy as fuck

hey cool, did you check out that website? endless hours of entertainment :Spin:

Those Chubacabra's(spelling) are freaky as well. If you have not seen the movie 'The Mothman Prophecies' check it out, it was pretty killer.

I know that, It's just another freaky thing I thought to mention. They fly around and and steal people's animals. \m/

heh, okay, the chupacabra is relatively big around here seeing that i live sort of in the southwest...i heard about it even more when i lived closer to the border....

Bacchante said:

Creepy as fuck
its a long story but,
okay, so my friend went to oregon to visit his cousins that live there. They all got this big Idea while sitting on their asses to go ghost hunting. There is an area in northern oregon that was home to a cult. That murdered people in an apparently satanic ritual. The murders took place in a building, and around the general area. All thats left of the building is a wall. That supposedly houses a demon and who so ever touches the wall will be possesed. One of my friends cousins got the Idea to touch the wall, I mean what the hell he thought its just superstition. Nothing happend, bummer... so they headed home. So they got halfway home when their car windows fogged up, Instantly. wasn't even a cold night, so they pulled off the road a tried to wipe the windows clean. It took them almost 15minutes to wipe the window cleanoff... by that time the cousin who touched the wall started acting... strange.
By the time they got home, He was freaking out. He wouldn't responed to them by name. They got freaked out and told him to stop fucking with them. they got him inside and he headed towards the kitchen screaming. Pull out a butchers knife and actually tried to stab my friend (this guy though wouldn't hurt a fly),but he tried, fortunatly my friend weighs about 150lbs more then his cousin and pulled the knife from him and threw him into the bathroom. He began to pound the walls with his head and arms. breaking anything in the bathroom...he eventually calmed down. they opened the door and ask him what the fuck his problem was,
his response, "what the hell am I doing in the fucking bathroom?"
the last thing he remembered was being in the car heading home right before the windows fogged up.
Thats not it though... eventually they went to be freaked the fuck out. they all slept in one room in these duplex houses. Pretty small house but it was four house combined together, so a fairly large building.
thats when the fun stuff began, the cousins started talking about a guy who used to come by their window at night. a fairly large man pretty hard to see, with big eyes. and then they heard foot steps out their opened window. A large man who did not have a clear figure stepped up to the window. Blacker then the night who seem to fade into it. holding a bag with something and a hatchet, his eyes opened, catlike almost, glowing,with thin slits for pupils. He smiled and said in a low deep almost unhuman growl " Im going to take your heads tonight" and smiled even wider from ear to ear with a red mouth full of sharp teeth. He started running around the complex hitting the walls, running faster than any human could with a pitterpatter across the ground... screaming a laughing, and then dissapeared across the window in a vanish.
needless to say they are fucking scared of ghosts and anything like that, and If I was there... I be the same way.

I feel a really good thread going on. Ok, I don't know if I beleive in ghosts. I have my own theary of what they are. I think they are more like spirtual echos of something tramatic, like a murder or suicide. Typically you'll find that most hauntings will trace back to a suicide. Well here is my haught story. It was passed down by my mom. Basically she lived in this big house in NJ. Well, as it turned out, they found out that the previouse owner had committed suicide in the barn, well I'm not sure there was barn on the property, but he had killed himself on the premisis. My mom told me when she was a little girl she would hear people in the living room talking. And it wasn't her parents because it would happen when they were gone and it didn't sound like them either. It was like a low mumbling, like people talking above a wisper but since it was across the house it was you really couldn't make out what they said. When she would go to investigate, their would be no one there. My aunt backed up my mom, she confirmed a story once that she woke up and her bed was shaking, as some one was on the end of it shaking it. My mom said as a little girl, her sister told her about a man who she would see dark apparitions of. Its some scary shit man. I don't know. But one things for sure, hauntings are real, no matter if they are actuallhy spirits, demons, or spiritual echos reinforced by our minds.

yar, scary stuff ^

my grandma's house was VERY..."active" haha. there were poltergeists in the house when my mom was a little girl. they threw a candlestick at her once, it flew right off the mantle.
two relatives also died on the front porch of the house, back in the 50's when my mom was little. so one night when she was very sick with pneumonia, a force blew the locked front door open(without damaging the door or lock), turned the corner, went down the hallway, and blew out the back bathroom window. :ill:
then when i was 2 years old, i was looking out our dining room window(our house was right next to my grandma's). it was a cloudy day. and i saw a little boy and girl on her roof! they were gray. scared the baby shit outta me!! my mom came over to me and saw that i was trying to tie the curtains shut, but i wouldn't tell her what scared me. then a few years later i told everyone about it. THEN...my grandma's dogs started barking at that exact spot on the roof for hours on end, every fucking day. nothing to be seen up there of course. but they sure saw something.
also on several occasions my grandma would receive phone calls from the deceased right after they died. the first time it happened it was her brother in law. he worked in construction and had a heart attack and died while operating a bulldozer. so, she gets a call all of a sudden, just a bunch of moaning and stuff, so she hangs up. then right after that she gets another call, and its a man the guy worked with, calling for her husband (the guy's brother) to tell him he had just died on the job. the same thing happened when a young girl, a family friend, died in a car accident. the creepiest ending to this though is that when my grandma died, her sister received a call like this, from my grandma obviously. she didn't tell us though right off the bat cuz she didn't know what it was. we were at her house taking care of some things and got to talking about all these things and when my mom mentioned the phone calls my grandma got, she then told us she had gotten a call like that right after my grandma died.
lots of other lil happenings over the years but those are the best. the house is torn down now, with new houses being built on the property...hopefully the new houses will be haunted as well :tickled:

^
Thats sorta what I think about some ghosts..certain types seem to be an echo of something traumatic, like a residue...but I think they're different types of spirits, too..They all seem to fall in their own categories.
Like poltergeists and those creepy scratching ghosts..those are the most interesting and disturbed types of spirits.

I'm more of a believer than most because I've experienced some weird things..some of which Lordlucid saw at my house. :ill:
I'll save that story for later, though ;)

Kiss The Void said:
hey cool, did you check out that website? endless hours of entertainment :Spin:
That is indeed a nifty site :D I'm having a hard time finding anything about shadow people on that site, though.

And I have seen Mothman Prophecies...it didn't stray far from the book (which I think is pretty credible) :)