Cryptopsy....

Brilliant. The Lord Worm era is in fact the best, though, I enjoy their newest vocalist also. DeSalvo is just crap. Technically they are nearly unmatchable (especially drums).

They are all great musicians, they have very technical songs, and they play very tight together. Oftentimes their songs lack catchyness or groove though. Many times they are simply too technical to sound crushing, like Suffocation or Nile do.

Hmmm, i've been giving them more interest really...and although there's a lot of similar bands that I personally enjoy better, I must say from an objective point of view that I think Cryptopsy are an excellent band. If it wasn't for DiSalvo's abysmal vocals, they would probably be among my favourites.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the naysayers and uber-elitists who say Cryptopsy are overrated; sure, a lot of people consider them unbeatable (especially Flo :rolleyes: ) but one thing's for sure; there's plenty there to keep most any brutal death/technical metal fan happy.

Flo = God, and None so Vile is one of the best albums I own. Their newer stuff isn't as great, but it's still good. Hopefully the new album will live up to the Lord Worm days.

What's wrong with you people? Cryptopsy is absolutely horrible! There are plenty of other bands that play music much more technical and are tighter than Cryptopsy...I'm not going to explain why they suck...just read my post on the "Impaled Nazarene Appreciation Thread" and see why.....seriously people, the music of Cryptopsy is no more intricate or complex than a Slipknot album....and in addition to that, their music is completely devoid of any kind of intellect whatsoever. They're just one of those bands that play to be "disgusting and offensive to society" and all that....and no, I would never give any sort of credibility to a band simply because they're "bone-crushing" and "brutal", an adjective that has no place in music anyway. Then again, I guess I'm sort of bias since I'm not into this particular sub-genre of metal....so consider this an attack towards all bands like this...