Cryptopsy without a vocalist.

If you seriously think Whisper Supremacy and And Then You'll Beg are better than None So Vile and Blasphemy Made Flesh, you really should keep your mouth shut and your fingers away from the keyboard as your opinion is deeply flawed. Disalvo had a very monotone hardcore-esque yell which didn't fit the music at all, it was very out of place and very boring. Lord Worm, on the other hand, had an awesome growl which is almost unmatched in the scene and he actually used variety in his vocals, which kept the music far more interesting.

LuminousAether said:
If you seriously think Whisper Supremacy and And Then You'll Beg are better than None So Vile and Blasphemy Made Flesh, you really should keep your mouth shut and your fingers away from the keyboard as your opinion is deeply flawed. Disalvo had a very monotone hardcore-esque yell which didn't fit the music at all, it was very out of place and very boring. Lord Worm, on the other hand, had an awesome growl which is almost unmatched in the scene and he actually used variety in his vocals, which kept the music far more interesting.
Both had their share of "variety", i just like DiSalvo better. Do you really think I care what you think? And the vocals are the last thing I care about metal, the main reason why I prefer their newer albums is because I like the music on them better.

Luminous Aether said:
If you seriously think Whisper Supremacy and And Then You'll Beg are better than None So Vile and Blasphemy Made Flesh, you really should keep your mouth shut and your fingers away from the keyboard as your opinion is deeply flawed.
Hey, man. That wasn't cool.

Yeah that's what i'm hoping too...especially seeing as how Cryptopsy have a lot of recognition in the underground scene now. It happened to The Crown, it happened to The Haunted, can Cryptopsy be next? Please?

But I hear what the Whisper Supremacy/And Then You'll Beg people are saying. I think Whisper Supremacy is a very lacklustre album, in the very least because the production is so murky that nothing much can be heard, but more in the fact that there's a definite pattern of regurgitating the same song a couple times. I do think however that And Then You'll Beg, despite the weakest vocals of any Cryptopsy recording yet (and I mean weakest as in a lacking delivery; the lyrics are barely more than spoken with an aggro voice) I actually find the music packed full of interesting ideas. So.....I think depending on the next vocalist they get (hopefully his highness Worm), Cryptopsy could yet top None So Vile, if they don't get too ahead of themselves and get even MORE technical.

Charubic Murder said:
Lord Worm is still in rather close contact with the band (writes lyrics occasionally) so I'm hoping he could make a return.
Lord Worm is an english teacher, you know. I thought that was kind of funny. When kids write poems...

"Mr. Worm, how is this poem I wrote?"

"*roar* It sucks! Not dark enough! Now go away! *growl*"

Aren't Cryptopsy supposed to start recording a new studio album relatively soon? I really hope they find someone soon. Cryptopsy are awesome. BTW, I like the vocals of both DiSalvo and Lord Worm.

Life Sucks said:
Aren't Cryptopsy supposed to start recording a new studio album relatively soon? I really hope they find someone soon. Cryptopsy are awesome. BTW, I like the vocals of both DiSalvo and Lord Worm.
Last time I checked they had already started recording.

none so vile is a bit overrated but its got much more color and feeling than the later albums, which i like, but are really too technical for their own good... theres not enough unity in the melodies, and especially the last album was an atonal mess. Plus disalvo's lyrics were gay. When someone says, as flo mournier did in some interview [paraphrase], that Disalvos lyrics "are more personal, you can connect to them more," it almost almost means they are--in a word--gay

DiSalvo's lyrics were awesome. Just because they weren't "slit your guts" etc.... type lyrics does not mean they are gay.... just read Emaciate or Screams go Unheard, the lyrics are brilliant....

dont get me wrong, I liked LW's lyrics too, its just that Mikes were awesome as well.

DiSalvo had some very interesting lyrical ideas, and some good imagery, but a lot of it was just random bull too...

Overall I think I prefer Lord Worm's lyrics. I dunno, they were more standard death type stuff, but they're done in a very powerful and imaginative way.....I mean, just read the lyrics to Benedictine Convulsions. The imagery from that is just so convincing.

They really do need someone along the lines of Lord Worm or somebody with a decent low end growl and high end screech...DiSalvo ruined the music for me. His hardcore(ish) delivery did not go with the music AT ALL. Didnt sound right. He belongs on some kinda metalcore band. Even then he is still weak as a vocalist in my humble opinion.

hmmm, i still think they need to keep a backup vocalist though....

Can anyone distinguish Flo's backup vox on Whisper Supremacy and And Then You'll Beg???? There's so much going on I've really never noticed him. He does high-end screechy shrieks and stuff doesn't he?