Cubase 5 suddenly can't find specific plugins

3tuxedo

Apr 2, 2011
Hey guys, so i've been working on this project in Cubase and when I just went to open it Cubase stopped responding and won't respond when I open up that project. So i open a different one and it can't find some specific plugins that I used on that project, which happen to be the ones I use most frequently. Podfarm 2, UAD preflex, and UAD 1176. But every other plugin is just fine, loaded in place. So I thought it must be a path issue, and the plugin paths were different than before so i chose for them to go to those plugins and still nothing. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

This happens sometimes when I unplug my computer and my iLok to move my shit around. I'm not at my computer right now- but I know in Cubase sometimes your VSTs have the .dll files saved to different VST folders. You can update Cubase to know where to find your plugins somewhere in the top menu. Pretty vague but I'm sure Jeff will chime in and know what's up- Hope that kind of helps as I'm in a hurry out to get a tire patched up. Good luck dude.