Cyhra - Jesper and Peter's new band

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012

First single. Might take some getting used to with the clean vocals but I like it. The riffs remind me of "Swim."

Personally I don't have a problem with the clean vocals at all. They sound good. I don't know how anybody can say objectively that Jake is a bad singer. He isn't. It might not be what YOU want to hear, but that doesn't make him a bad singer. For objectively bad singing, see Mr. Anders Friden.

Speaking of which, I find it hilarious that on the other thread Krofius says the vocals will bring the album down, but meanwhile Anders' clean vocals never bring down In Flames' albums in his eyes :rolleyes: what a fanboy.

Anyway, interesting article on Blabbermouth about Cyhra: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cy...ers-letters-to-myself-album-details-revealed/

"The excitement that I feel about CYHRA is over the top," Jake E exclaims. "I have to pinch myself every day to make sure it's not just another dream. I am so proud of the music we have created and I can't wait to show it to the world!"

This is one excited bro :D

"For the first time for as long as I can remember, I feel I am a part of something special," adds Strömblad. "This band has helped me regain my true passion for music. I can't wait to share this."

Ohh, a little dig at N'Flaymz maybe? Krofius, Ciko and Slave will be spitting fire when they read that.

Strömblad quit IN FLAMES in February 2010 in order to continue receiving treatment for his alcohol addiction. He later formed THE RESISTANCE with Marco Aro (vocals, THE HAUNTED) and Glenn Ljungström (guitar, ex-IN FLAMES), only to exit that band in March 2016. THE RESISTANCE bassist Rob Hakemo later slammed Jesper in an interview, calling the guitarist "an alcoholic" and "drug addict" who "doesn't want to [get] sober."

Sounds like something Slave would write. Is Jester Slave actually Rob Hakemo? Maybe not, as Rob responds in the comments section...

Rob Hakemo ·
Bassist at Crawl Back To Zero
Yeah, ok Blabbermouth, I said those things during a period when being extremely bitter and angry. I regret it very much and it was stupid of me, it should've come out in a different way and definitely not on media. I'm so happy Jesper is taking care of himself and doing this now, which I think is where his heart's at. Respect!

:cool:

And still you like battles :p

Sure I like it man, i still do listen it pretty often. I like the songs,vocals and meets my expectations for IF, so why not? :D

Personally I don't have a problem with the clean vocals at all. They sound good. I don't know how anybody can say objectively that Jake is a bad singer. He isn't. It might not be what YOU want to hear, but that doesn't make him a bad singer. For objectively bad singing, see Mr. Anders Friden.

Dont worry I dont have problem with clean vocals too, I can listen it very often but I just dont like clean vocals with that style of music. I mean I still enjoy the song but less because of vocals. Other than that I dont shit on Jake, he's good at what he's doing. Just not of my cup of tea.

Ohh, a little dig at N'Flaymz maybe? Krofius, Ciko and Slave will be spitting fire when they read that.

Oh man, I'm so angry!!!!! How could he said that!! :D :D

Dont worry I dont have problem with clean vocals too, I can listen it very often but I just dont like clean vocals with that style of music. I mean I still enjoy the song but less because of vocals. Other than that I dont shit on Jake, he's good at what he's doing. Just not of my cup of tea.

Fair enough, I wasn't thinking so much of you with that comment. I just saw a lot of comments on Jesper's FB page saying "singer sucks", "terrible vocals", etc, and it's just like... Shut the fuck up. These are the types of idiots who think Chris Barnes is a talented vocalist.

Fair enough, I wasn't thinking so much of you with that comment. I just saw a lot of comments on Jesper's FB page saying "singer sucks", "terrible vocals", etc, and it's just like... Shut the fuck up. These are the types of idiots who think Chris Barnes is a talented vocalist.
These are the kind of idiots who didn't care to search about Jake's style and thought that cyhra was going to be melodeath.

It's as easy as searching on YouTube.

Reactions: DE4life
Especially when they SOUND the same.

He's gonna need a second guitarist for live shows, though. No way they can replicate that sound as a four piece.

I don't really see the Swim comparison, if anything imo it sounds more similar to Dialogue with the Stars.

Karma has some parts which sound like Colony/Clayman era IF, sure - mainly the intro/ending riffs, chorus riffs and maybe the solo.

Intro & verses aren't anything like older IF though, they actually have more in common with newer IF. The verses in particular incorporate that same gimmick of the guitars basically going silent to allow vocals that you hear through all of Siren Charms. Except this time there's a good singer carrying the melody, so it actually works.

Honestly, you'd think after 20 years people would have given up on getting a sequel to TJR/Whoracle, but nope. Still hordes of idiots infesting Jesper's FB feed crying about how they wanted a new TJR and how real singing is the worst thing ever.

Reactions: eochaid
Intro & verses aren't anything like older IF though, they actually have more in common with newer IF. The verses in particular incorporate that same gimmick of the guitars basically going silent to allow vocals that you hear through all of Siren Charms. Except this time there's a good singer carrying the melody, so it actually works.

You're talking about the verse vocals right? Cause guitars are the SAME with Embody the Invisible.

You're talking about the verse vocals right? Cause guitars are the SAME with Embody the Invisible.

What part of 00:25 - 00:30 in Karma is in Embody? Or 00:37 - 00:43? There are guitars constantly playing in Embody, there's no point where they cut out entirely like they do in Karma.

In fact, listening to ETI just reminds me how Karma doesn't really sound so much like Colony era In Flames.

Anyone who says this isn't similar to earlier Colony/Clayman songs is in serious denial. Jesper is BRAZEN here rehashing his old shit. But it sounds good, much richer tone than when Bjorn tries to do "classic IF parts" with a dry sterile tone. But if anyone could get away with ripping off IF it's Jesper himself.

Clean vocals sounds good, verse a little weak but ok. Overall very good. We have been begging for a return to classic IF sound for decades now. Now here we have it! But they do have to evolve some or this is going to be boring. Hope the other material does some interesting things.

Vocals with the gang vocals reminds me a lot of Elvenking, which I like a lot with the original singer. No qualms at all with the new singer, definitely better than Anders currently. If Jesper does some interesting work this should be solid.

Is this the band Jake E was in before Cyhra? What a strange mish mash of styles :D switching from electronica to metalcore to a pop music chorus that sounds like something from an 80's girl group. What the fuck.

I kind of like it though. :eek: