Cyhra - Jesper and Peter's new band

Screamer is still better than Anders though. Sounds like a younger Speed.

Three vocalists in the song seems like a bit of overkill though :D screamer, male singer, female singer. Female singer could have just done all the singing parts and it'd be fine.

Last edited:
So I just listened to The Nexus album in its' entirely and, holy shit, it's actually not bad at all.. It's like a really weird mix of old school Soilwork/Scar Symmetry and more modern Nightwish. Riffs, solos and scream vocals on here sound like they could have been ripped directly off a late 90s/early 00s Soilwork release. I mean, listen...

1:13 - 1:22

00:24 - 0:33

It's not identical but this is pretty fucking close to being the exact same riff, it even has the little pause in the middle.

There are a lot of songs on this album I really dig. Mechanical Illusion is pretty sweet.

Great intro, and from 00:38, come on... that shit is a straight up rip off of both Scar Symmetry and earlier Soilwork :D but I don't care, because it sounds good.

Basically if you can get past the female/male cleans then I don't see why a Soilwork/In Flames/Scar Symmetry fan wouldn't enjoy this album. There's a couple of strange experimental tracks, like Electroheart...

Metal meets dance music :D gotta be honest though, I like this one too. Makes me wanna dance.

Anyway, overall futuristic theme of the album & lyrics are pretty solid. Afterlife, The Nexus, Theory of Everything, Mechanical Illusion, Razorblade & Electroheart all in the 8/10 and above range for me. The rest are solid 7s. There isn't a bad song on this album for me. Yeah, it's simple, structured and there's a lot of pop in the album... but really, I'm a huge power metal fan so why wouldn't I enjoy those things? :p this is a great easy-listening album if you just want some decent, catchy metal to bounce to. It's nothing complex or musically groundbreaking, but I wasn't expecting that anyway.

Only thing I will say is that I can totally see why Jake E left the band. Often his vocals sound tacked on and frankly unnecessary. All of his vocals could have been done by the screaming dude (who apparently left after this album anyway) or the girl. I read that they got a replacement for Jake but it really isn't necessary. They'd be fine with just screamer and female singer.

Anyhow, I look forward to Eochaid telling me he's dancing around his house singing "RESTART ELECTROHEART, DEJA VU I FALL APART" :cool:

Last edited:
As i said, pop with heavy guitars, and not the kind of pop music that I like. So this will never happen. But now I understand why you like battles :p

Like is a strong word. I tolerate Battles and think it's better than SC... But SOAPF is still the best of nu In Flames by some distance.

Only in production and anders work. Musically is as bad as sc, or even worse.

Battles is a marginal improvement for me, purely because it actually has some energy. SC was like wading through sludge whilst being pissed on. Now you're free of the sludge, but still being pissed on. Things can always be worse.

Sc is dark, battles is lighter, I agree. But they kept on making the same mistakes.

with a similar production there would be not much difference between both albums.

Last edited:
I don't want the pills DE4life are currently on. What the hell happened to always negative and troll-like posts? Going from that to praising Amaranthe. How the mighty have fallen. RIP

I've always been a power metal crackhead, cholo. I've got to balance my disdain for N'Flaymz with something sickeningly sweet and upbeat. Amaranthe will do.

Unless you want me to start linking to Black Veil Brides and Brokencyde again? No, didn't think so :D

He also did Amaranthe's videos, or at least some of them, so not a surprise since he basically seems to do every Swedish metal video.

At least it has a cool twist at the end.

OK video, good song, I'm fine with this, like 7-8/10 fine. Hope there is some heavier stuff on the album.

If Cyhra tour it'll be cool to see Jesper and Peter playing together again.

Doubt they are going to do extensive touring. Jesper can't handle that stuff and Peter doesn't have the time. They're doing a show in Gothenburg soon though, I think it was coinciding with the album release date or somewhere near.

In the video interviews I've seen, Jesper seems really reinvigorated. Like this band has given him a second wind. But yeah I wouldn't want to push him.