Cyhra - Jesper and Peter's new band

Well I assume most if not all of us read either MetalSucks or Blabbermouth or some similar metal/rock news-site.

To blabbermouth I just go for the comments :p

Man, you're way too serious. Need to relax more.

This is excellent! I know it isn't a competition. I like Cyhra.

New song out. Again not great. The music is fine but the singer... I'm not really into him.

Letters to Myself is really different to Karma, less melodic guitar-wise. More focus on the vocals. Solo is a bit weak imo. Not exactly what I was expecting. It's alright but sounds like modern power metal, which a lot of people on here especially are going to hate.

I would have no problem if the vocals melodies were not so... average is the word that comes to mind.

Last edited:
It sounds like an Amaranthe song, just more boring and with only Jake on vocals. You can hear Jesper signature sounds here and there, but most focus is on vocals which are okay but nothing memorable.

Reactions: eochaid
Eh, well... Song is not bad, but vocals are so one-dimensional (although not utterly dreadful (see: Anders Frieden)). Kind-of-catchy-but-not-really vocal melodies and mediocre lyrics.

I guess I was hoping for something like mid-phase Mercenary. Convincing power metal vocals with powerful rhythms and melodeath melodies.

Instead we get very average melodic lines, high and thin vocals, skillful drummer who never does anything remotely interesting, solid melodic riffing and honestly, weak soloing.

#1 Mercenary are a great band, or were until Architect of Lies, haven't really followed them since that album. 11 Dreams, Loneliness and Bloodsong are three of my most played tracks across all my music.

#2 Karma is a much better track than Letters to Myself, I just hope they didn't blow their entire load with that song. Letters to Myself seems a bad choice for a second single. Chorus is kind of catchy but the rest of the song really kind of sucks. I was listening to Karma on repeat for days after it was released, I listened to this new song once and am happy for that to be the only time I ever hear it.

Yeah, 11 dreams is a great song. A bit of Nevermore influence in verses. Simple but effective solo.

In Letters to myself I was waiting for something to happen during the solo, but it never did. Jesper should really find good technical guitarist to complement his playing style.

Reactions: galvanized
Didn't the new guitarist write the solos on the record though? At least a bunch of them.