Cyhra - Jesper and Peter's new band

I can't wait...

Back to the drawingboard. And what a drawingboard
1f61b.png
.Demos sounds amazing already
1f919.png
1f918.png

32105241_1236306989838114_771360750378680320_n.jpg

Yep. I hope that the new album is more varied, or less varied if the songs are harder. Peter left the band.

Disappointing that Peter left, although it shouldn't have any impact creatively.

I get the feeling Cyhra's next album is going to either be fucking amazing or total shit. Obviously hoping for the former.

Jesper even teased some new stuff on his fb page. Hoping for a good album.

There are two teasers in the band's Facebook page. Probably from the same song. Very melodic.

As long as they don’t have any interpersonal drama I think they’ll be fine. Euge has been ready to rock this hard. Jesper needs to know to work with Euge’s energy even if he doesn’t totally agree with every idea. Yield.

Damn, that's a great live singing voice. They're killing it and the whole bunch seems like they have some real chemistry going on.

I must say I wasn't enthusiastic about the singer at the beginning, but he seems like a good songwriter, good frontman and a great singer. Hitting almost every note.

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
It's funny because I always thought of Jake as the redundant one in Amaranthe, but he's really come into his own with Cyhra. It's not that he was bad in Amaranthe, he just sounded kinda uninspired and shunted to the side whilst the female singer and harsh vocalist took more prominent roles. I'm glad he decided to take a chance and roll with Jesper.

I've always thought that growl dude was redundant. Jake was playing secondary role, but to me he was important for Amaranthe sound.

Granted I've only listened to Amaranthe's first two albums (self titled and The Nexus) but on both of those I always felt Jake's lines could have been done by the female or harsh vocalist and there would have been no major effect on the songs. It was really only when I heard Jake with Cyhra that I appreciated what a good vocalist he actually is.

I was listening to the Amaranthe s/t debut album earlier and it made me appreciate how far Jake has come as a vocalist since then.

I like this song, but Jake's vocals are the weak point for me. There's no power there at all. Elize and Speed-lite sound good, but Jake not so much. If he re-recorded this song nowadays he'd sound way better.