Cyhra - Jesper and Peter's new band

So you know nothing about Corey Taylor? Just read his words mate. He's almost every week in the media.

Anders cleans on those days were also done using pro tools... So, though I like the studio final result I'm also aware of his inability to make them live.
He had an older interview where he bashed the pop music and he spoke about depression following Chester's death. I haven't came across controversial stuff with him.

I'm starting to appreciate Nightrage a bit more after repeated listens. That gothic-tinged opening followed by the verse bursting out of the gates is awesome. The bridge is done really well too - chorus is slower than I'd expect though. This is another song where the tempo fluctuates and can take a bit of getting used to. Verses are fast and powerful, bridge/chorus are a lot slower. It works alright but I think the chorus could have had a slightly more increased tempo and fit in better overall. Good song regardless.

Heartrage is very IF-like song.

Intro melody sounds a bit like simpler stuff from Colony, even the guitar sound. Chugging in the verse sounds like Clayman/RTR era stuff. Then, that break on 2 min.mark...

But the whole stuff really works well with the choruses. Catchy, punchy, kinda fast. Good single material.

Oh, one week later, I'm still listening the album. Great stuff.

I listened to Nightrage a couple years ago mostly only Tomas material but I found them a bit like At The Gates soundwise, which also means I grew tired of the songs quickly cause they all had a similar sound to my ears. Not much dynamic going on.

Have you noticed the drumming behind the verses?

Sure, but drumming across the board on this album is really unique. I love what Alex has done on a lot of the tracks here. Christian Joe should listen carefully.

Just listened to the album. Boring as shit. 1/10. It's like Battles' retarded step brother with a literal vagina thrown onto a microphone to queef out the vocal lines.

Embarrassing.

Who is the second guitarist? Looks like he is playing a lot of the solos. Makes sense I guess given what Jesper has said about solos before but I expected Jesper to rock more of his stuff. The camera angles don’t help much, Jesper all the way on the other side.

Karma live sounds even better live. Really sounds like an In Flames b side.

Who is the second guitarist? Looks like he is playing a lot of the solos. Makes sense I guess given what Jesper has said about solos before but I expected Jesper to rock more of his stuff. The camera angles don’t help much, Jesper all the way on the other side.

Karma live sounds even better live. Really sounds like an In Flames b side.

Thanks man, somehow missed this. So Euge did all the solos so they are his not Jespers. That explains why he seemed to have a good handle on them.

Now I feel a lot better that there is going to be an even better second album. With this guy formally joined this is no longer Jesper and Jake’s project band. Euge seems really energetic and I’m sure they are already cranking out some ideas for new songs.

The fact that he has a black/death background is a nice touch. Really curious to see if they end up going harder or darker on some of the new material.

Last edited:
Some videos on YouTube from the first show.

They sound quite good live. Some fuck ups here and there, Jake can't sing everything in studio quality, but he's damn close.

Second (or first) guitarist is energetic and has a nice sound (and a nice collection of guitars), although I don't like how he's abusing wah. Bjorn-trauma all over again. Jesper, on the other hand, looks like he's really, really not into it. Wandering off, strumming basic rhythms and so on. Very much like his usual IF self in recent memory.

I was just trolling, haven't listened to it yet.

I liked it, a return to old school Clay-Man :cool:

They sound quite good live. Some fuck ups here and there, Jake can't sing everything in studio quality, but he's damn close.

Second (or first) guitarist is energetic and has a nice sound (and a nice collection of guitars), although I don't like how he's abusing wah. Bjorn-trauma all over again. Jesper, on the other hand, looks like he's really, really not into it. Wandering off, strumming basic rhythms and so on. Very much like his usual IF self in recent memory.

Yeah, Jesper rarely looks comfortable in a live environment. Half the time he looks like someone put a gun against his head and told him to go out there and play. I guess it's just his introverted personality. It's cool to see Jesper and Peter on stage together again, and Peter contributing to the backing vocals is interesting as I never remember him doing that in IF.

Thanks man, somehow missed this. So Euge did all the solos so they are his not Jespers. That explains why he seemed to have a good handle on them.

Now I feel a lot better that there is going to be an even better second album. With this guy formally joined this is no longer Jesper and Jake’s project band. Euge seems really energetic and I’m sure they are already cranking out some ideas for new songs.

The fact that he has a black/death background is a nice touch. Really curious to see if they end up going harder or darker on some of the new material.

Euge is definitely the most energetic of them judging by that first live performance, he's jumping and dancing all over the place :D Jesper's just kinda standing in the background most of the time - same as when he was in IF. Peter and Jake look into it but aren't moving about a whole lot. Maybe because the stage is kinda small.

It's a bit strange because watching the videos is like watching a PM concert, so it's odd to see Jesper and Peter in the middle of it. Particularly as Jesper looks identical to his IF days, even with the same guitar. Peter looks older, but still, I'm used to seeing both of them playing MDM songs pretty much exclusively, so to see them in this melodic/power metal band is interesting. I think next album will probably be a bit heavier/darker.

As an aside, the weird electronic bit on Here To Save You at 02:48 works a lot better live than it does on record. The song as a whole translates really well live. The ballads not quite so much imo.