Cyhra - Jesper and Peter's new band

If you need death metal screaming and growling in all of the music you listen to, you're missing the point of having the privilege of listening to more than just 1 genre of music.

If it's not favorable to your taste, fine, don't generalize it though just because you don't understand it.
who are you talking to?

I understand what they mean about Anders' uniqueness, but the problem is they're automatically equating that to being better than a singer who only does one recognised style.
I'm still waiting for them to tell how Anders is a better singer.

Really like how Jake pushes his vocal range on Holding Your Breath. Anyone who says he's just boring and generic through the whole album are either deaf or fucking dense.

Really like how Jake pushes his vocal range on Holding Your Breath. Anyone who says he's just boring and generic through the whole album are either deaf or fucking dense.
Have you seen the rehearsal that they've just posted on Facebook?

As I said, Jake's a proper singer so he's as good live as he is in studio. Certain people on here have always made excuses for Anders saying that you shouldn't expect live to sound as it does in the studio, but that's BS. Real singers don't need ProTools to make them sound good, they are just good. Which is why the idea that Anders is in any way "better" than Jake is a joke to me.

Ps some parts of LtM really remind me of Saint Deamon, who are one of my favourite PM/Melodic Metal bands. Vocally I find Jake and SD singer to be similar in how they use their voices.

Doubt anyone here will like it, but just for reference anyway :D

In flames has become a minor religion, so it requires the erase of critical thinking and the attack of anyone dissenting it's major precepts.

How hard is it to understand that Anders has a unique voice? He is that fucking girl with lazy eye you find pretty. Is a lazy eye sexy? No, it's a mutation or something like that, but I'm gonna call it that, because mutation is a fucking good word. But you don't need to come up with excuses as to why you like her and not one of the many, many normal eyed girls out there.
Anders could rock his lazy eye, he could make a living out of it and he could help IF skyrocket into mainstream success. Seriously, you keep jerking off other bands, especially their singers, and not fucking comprehending that life is not a math equation. And yes, I can understand your frustration that while others got blessed with a voice of an angel and perfected it into 10/10, fucking lazy Anders made a living with being Anders. I'm not saying it's fair, but it is what it is. But it's real fucking boring how you guys try to tell us what to like, because it's OBJECTIVELY BETTER HUR-DURR.

Also, it all boils down to apples and oranges.
Love the debate going on here. I think Cyhra has really hit a nerve among the new In Flames fans because with a single freshman album Cyhra is at the same level as In Flames. With a good second release they might surpass In Flames.
I don't know how you managed to put together the most idiotic reply in this thread, but you did it. It's especially strange because otherwise you are reasonable, but what you just said bleeds from sooo many aspects. Or I'm missing the irony.

I'd already rank LtM way above SC and Battles, but I wouldn't quite put it above SOAPF. It's just below that level for me at the moment. Next album should surpass that though if the flaws of this album are improved upon.
Shit, you like a record from another genre than those two records. What now?

IF today is pretty much alternative metal, so saying that you liked L2M more means literally nothing. There are minor shared elements, because both IF and Jesper still make little callbacks to the older IF material, but we are talking about small intros or riffs here and there, while the music itself is entirely different.

How hard is it to understand that Anders has a unique voice?
Hey, I have a unique voice. No, I'm being serious. But that doesn't make me a singer less a better singer. Yes, Anders has a unique recognizable voice, but he cannot sing. Having a unique voice doesn't mean anything unless you know how to use it.

Reactions: DE4life
He is that fucking girl with lazy eye you find pretty. Is a lazy eye sexy? No, it's a mutation or something like that, but I'm gonna call it that, because mutation is a fucking good word.
Mind to post a picture of her? Now I'm fucking curious:D

Crazy Slave is the best Slave :D he's a crackpot but we wouldn't have him any other way.
I Like him. He's sincere and he has his reasons for liking SC. He can also be critical sometimes, and this is good. He just needs to learn to not be very involved in an emotional level when discussing about people that's not him.

The quote in my sig from Pitiless Wanderer aka Unholy_Crusada was directed at Slave and still rings as true today as it did then.

Reactions: eochaid
Hey, I have a unique voice. No, I'm being serious. But that doesn't make me a singer less a better singer. Yes, Anders has a unique recognizable voice, but he cannot sing. Having a unique voice doesn't mean anything unless you know how to use it.
Why are you derailing my point? There is bad voice like yours or mine, and there is bad voice like Anders'. You know, the dead last pilot in Formula 1 is probably a million times better still than you or me. I don't even have a drivers license to begin with, but anyway, I hope we can skip this stage: there is amateur bad and there is professional bad. No, please, don't link me any youtube account with "THIS GUY'S/GIRL'S VOICE IS AMAZING!!!!", I don't care.

Moving forward, we should finally establish that while Anders may be a bad singer in terms of voice range or how he uses it, he manages to play to his strong sides, and the same way he (IN MY OPINION - it is not a fact) he started taking over In Flames' creative control, he manages what and how he sells with his voice really well. Now we can get back to the talents on youtube I don't care about. Why? Having a good voice is just one thing, no one cares about that. Make. It. Fucking. Work. Do you know what needs to be done today for a good singer to have a shot at chasing success? Go to a talent show and have a shitty fucking background. Oh, you have a good voice AND you lost your parents at a car accident??!?! Congrats, you won! And that is still not real success, you need to stay afloat.

Did Anders stay afloat? Hell yeah. Was it a team effort? Sure, but we are focusing on the vocals now, strictly, and not IF. You guys are thinking in a vacuum. No, I won't make a Vacuum joke. Do you know why mister Trent Reznor is one of the most influential musician of his time? If you heard his voice, you know that it is definitely not it. He rarely sings to begin with, not in a traditional way at least. I mean, I think he is underappreciated, but you guys would tear him a new asshole if you needed to judge his voice. No, what made him what he is today is that he understood music and how to make it. I was very surprised when he was asked how he starts writing his songs, and he said that it's the bassline. Make a catchy, groovy bassline. I never thought about that. Whether it's a song where he curses and screams like a madman or one where it sounds like a disco hit, there is that hidden bass that just makes your head nod.

Now, getting over the opportunity to suck his dick, let's get back to Anders, because there was a reason I talked about Trent. Anders knows exactly how to utilize his unique voice, even if it's "bad" per se. Anders is the kid, who studied the night before the exam and got an A because he knew HOW to study in an efficent way. His voice is just fucking perfect for the music IF made. It's especially respectable how he was a great part of the R2R-CC era in a band that was still very much about the melodies, riffs and solos. Did he overdone it eventually? Yes, but with Jesper's departure they were in a shitty situation; either Björn made two man's work, aka "hey, Björn, be twice as good as you are, thanks, bye", or Anders took even more territory. Again, arguable, but we are not talking about individual albums here, rather Anders and how he made his voice work.

Honestly, the only singer I can think of who did not have to do jackshit to be successfull is Tarja Turunen. She did not give a shit about the lyrics, about the band, about anything. She had an amazing talent (sure, I don't say she never practiced) got the lyric sheet, she went into the booth, finished her job, and to this day, her voice and her work with Nightwish is unforgettable. You don't even compare other female singers to her because "well, she's Tarja".

But that is really one of a kind, and for everyone else, they have to sell their voice. Yes, Jake has a beautiful voice imo and I know a dozen other band that plays similar music to Cyhra who has amazing singers as well. Great. But I think most of us doesn't really care about sheer talent alone.

Forget the lazy eye example, here's another one. Anders is the ugly guy who wears the freshest, most fit clothes, while many other singers who are good looking wear too big shirts, lame shoes, etc. You can keep fuming why Anders takes home all the good girls, but you can't deny his talent. Sure, if your bitter soul feels better at the end of the day knowing he is actually ugly, then good for you.

I Like him. He's sincere and he has his reasons for liking SC. He can also be critical sometimes, and this is good. He just needs to learn to not be very involved in an emotional level when discussing about people that's not him.
The quote in my sig from Pitiless Wanderer aka Unholy_Crusada was directed at Slave and still rings as true today as it did then.

You realize I see these posts, right?

Reactions: eochaid
Why are you derailing my point? There is bad voice like yours or mine, and there is bad voice like Anders'
ANders doesn't have a bad voice. He has an interesting one. It's just that he cannot sing. That's all. He cannot fucking sing :p

Moving forward, we should finally establish that while Anders may be a bad singer in terms of voice range or how he uses it, he manages to play to his strong sides, and the same way he (IN MY OPINION - it is not a fact) he started taking over In Flames' creative control, he manages what and how he sells with his voice really well.
Agreed, he's an excellent seller of himself. It's a shame that he cannot sing since this is what they're selling now :p